Liverpool

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Very happy with the signing of Milner.

Apart from Henderson and arguably including him, Milner would be our best midfielder. For what we need next season Milner is an upgrade. Not only that but again that he never hides, he never goes missing in big games and has a fantastic mentality and good character, that one hopes rubs off on the other players.

For most of last season we had players in the team with good reputations who time and again went missing in important games and don't have the character to stand up and fight for themselves and their team-mates. Milner does.

Let's get that character and mental strength back into the team first and foremost then we can worry about the flashy skills and flick ons etc that Milner doesn't possess.

What we need in this team next season Milner does possess and I for one am very happy to see us sign him.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well that's the important thing, taking steps in the right direction. You're pretty much back to square one so you've really gotta rebuild, and be smart about it. Milner isn't a world class signing, but he's a good and probably necessary one. I mean he was good for City most of the time, and works his God damn socks off. Now you need a solid striker signing.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well that's the important thing, taking steps in the right direction. You're pretty much back to square one so you've really gotta rebuild, and be smart about it. Milner isn't a world class signing, but he's a good and probably necessary one. I mean he was good for City most of the time, and works his God damn socks off. Now you need a solid striker signing.

So long as it isn't Benteke :D I hope he goes to your lot!

FSG needs to spend. There's really no way around it. The American model for running a sports team might work for the MLB or NBA, but not for football.

Milner is a solid signing, but is he enough to get back to the CL? He's an addition to an already solid core, but they need to go all-in for a true star player, while keeping Coutinho and the rest of the young guys.

EdmondDantes

Did anyone else see* that horrendous England midfield yesterday? Well, apparently Liverpool have just signed Ings to boot.

Lallana - Henderson - Milner
Ings

Milner aside who I think is a decent player, Rodgers is well on his way to accomplishing Liverpool's transition into Aston Villa. LFC have mastered the art of getting a beat up Ford Focus for the price of a Bugatti.

Last edited:

Jenks

They're both decent transfers considering they've hardly had to pay anything for them. Ings will do far more than Balotelli or Lambert, and Milner is a decent squad player on a free transfer.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
They're both decent transfers considering they've hardly had to pay anything for them. Ings will do far more than Balotelli or Lambert, and Milner is a decent squad player on a free transfer.
Milner is some one who was on a payroll at City... And came on a free now! Which would skyrocket his wages. Not sure if hew could be called a decent buy

Home of Barca Fans