Liverpool

Morten

Genius tactically, had a Feyenoord team with nobodies in individual quality play like a Pep's team
the exact opposite of Xavi, who has a team full of individual quality play like shit

Now, what I don't know, is his locker-room style. I am reading that he has charisma and aura, which is the big part ETH is lacking

Looks like another top snatch by Edwards

PS: Watch the clowns in here in some time from now, after he succeeds at Liverpool, trying to say "yeah we all thought he was a good coach when at Feyenoord" etc,
when in reality they are trashing him, and didn't want to hear about him as Barca coach

And if he fails, we can expect every excuse under the sun, as you are currently doing with Poch and ETH, probably.

Temptation

And if he fails, we can expect every excuse under the sun, as you are currently doing with Poch and ETH, probably.
Poch needs no excuses.

Look at the team he took over.

Look at how well they play and the number of chances they create. Barring the recent Arsenal game, they have been elite against every big team.

If Osimhen was a Chelsea player this season, they'd be 6th.

Morten

Poch needs no excuses.

Look at the team he took over.

Look at how well they play and the number of chances they create. Barring the recent Arsenal game, they have been elite against every big team.

If Osimhen was a Chelsea player this season, they'd be 6th.

Yeah, i looked a bit at their last game, alright.

Biggest defeat to Arsenal, in what, EPL-era?

Temptation

:lol: Let's see his CV then. Because I can't find that info. other than he had stints at Portsmouth and Spurs as an analyst?

Clearly, your bf / father isn't as well known as you'd like to make him out to be :lol:
What are you waffling on about?

His tenure at Liverpool speaks for itself.

Madrid were strongly interested in Edwards around 2021. @Morten

Birdy

None of them have failed yet
They are in the start of their projects. UTD is more of a mess to call it a project, but they might correct it now with a new structure

They have 'failed' only in the minds of people who simply don't understand football
Yes, the same people who say 'Xavi should get another year' after totally failing in his project, and perpetually stagnating the development of the team

Birdy

"GOAT"-CEO? I think not.

Despite my issues with Perez, he is a step above most, not looking forward to the day he calls it quits.

Perez is not a CEO or so.
He acts like one, and he takes all the decisions a CEO should take.
That doesn't make him a professional for that role

And that is a sign of backwardness.
Since a long time, there is division of labor and of skillset.
You can't act like an SD or CEO if you don't have the required skills.
That happens in the top level since at least 10-15 years.

But as low in development as you look at (look at countries like Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Turkey, Greece, etc) you will see the owner of a club being the president of the club, the CEO of the club, the SD of the club, and so on. If they could be the coach of the team as well, they would do it!

Perez acts in the same mould. He doesn't have the skillset to be an SD for instance, yet he acts like one by deciding the transfer targets

Morten

None of them have failed yet
They are in the start of their projects. UTD is more of a mess to call it a project, but they might correct it now with a new structure

They have 'failed' only in the minds of people who simply don't understand football
Yes, the same people who say 'Xavi should get another year' after totally failing in his project, and perpetually stagnating the development of the team

ETH has been there for nearly two seasons, and they are about the same place when he took over.

Not like he hasn't been backed either, he even got some of his transfer wishes, does the name Antony ring a bell?

One of the worst wingers ever, ETH wanted him, for about 90 millions.

Perhaps he isn't flawless after all?

Birdy

ETH has been there for nearly two seasons, and they are about the same place when he took over.

Not like he hasn't been backed either, he even got some of his transfer wishes, does the name Antony ring a bell?

One of the worst wingers ever, ETH wanted him, for about 90 millions.

Perhaps he isn't flawless after all?

Yes, as I have said many times, he is not a good SD, he is a good coach
He should have never let pick the players, like Xavi should have never let do the same at Barca

The role of SD in a club is very important to be left to people who think they know, but they don't

Home of Barca Fans