Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

peak messi was something else, took the ball, run into the box and scored with a perfect shot. Scored goals like they were nothing, hattricks every other week. Pls guys dont compare current Messi with peak Messi.

sickstar

close to vintage messi LMFAO

vintage messi was dropping hatricks and pokers every other game

this messi cant score against farmer opposition to save his life

if it wasnt for mbappe PSG wouldnt be winning any points

vintage messi l
m
f
a
o

Vintage messi also played with his buddies from kids, with alves, alba and suarez as the addition. They get advantage from each other, switching role, with him as the favorite for the last man. He's now 34 and playing with strangers. Somehow a HUGE difference.

I don't say and come like this every match, only this match and rennes, and a bit lower tune at st ettienne. See my other post. The only difference is that i never insult my favorite player from one of my only two favorite clubs. When i'm not satisfied I only said mediocre or meh.. that when i rated him 6 (or probably even 5.5 the lowest in the match where he was replaced and got mad with poch, forget which one). And when i miss a match that i lack the material to get a conclusion ,i won't make long comment.

Of course vintage messi was a 9 minimum, sometimes 9.5 to 10 (my own score not whoscored or other outlets). But last night really wasn't too far from it. In one occasion, he dribbled the opponent like 3 meters in a split second and make crazy short smart accurate pass that came to the chest of other player with just slight touch of outer legs. Missed these kinda play for a long time now.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

Hey, OhGee, whydya hate Messi so much? And i don't even like him that much, only respect his genius, but you're un-fucking-hinged about this little dude.
When did it start?
updatedmytxt.gif

BarcaOG

Banned
Hey, OhGee, whydya hate Messi so much? And i don't even like him that much, only respect his genius, but you're un-fucking-hinged about this little dude.
When did it start?

hi gnidy,
after the roma debacle where he proved he has no mentality and was no longer able to decide anything, hence definitively surrendering the status of best player in the world. the subsequent years only re affirmed this. he was a genius indeed--was, pre 2016

BarcaOG

Banned
Vintage messi also played with his buddies from kids, with alves, alba and suarez as the addition. They get advantage from each other, switching role, with him as the favorite for the last man. He's now 34 and playing with strangers. Somehow a HUGE difference.

I don't say and come like this every match, only this match and rennes, and a bit lower tune at st ettienne. See my other post. The only difference is that i never insult my favorite player from one of my only two favorite clubs. When i'm not satisfied I only said mediocre or meh.. that when i rated him 6 (or probably even 5.5 the lowest in the match where he was replaced and got mad with poch, forget which one). And when i miss a match that i lack the material to get a conclusion ,i won't make long comment.

Of course vintage messi was a 9 minimum, sometimes 9.5 to 10 (my own score not whoscored or other outlets). But last night really wasn't too far from it. In one occasion, he dribbled the opponent like 3 meters in a split second and make crazy short smart accurate pass that came to the chest of other player with just slight touch of outer legs. Missed these kinda play for a long time now.

im not going to entertain this silly attempt to establish a very tenuous equivalence between Pep messi and Psg messi.

he has been abysmal in france and thats all there is to it. wake up and smell the coffee---its time to go

Gnidrologist

hi gnidy,
after the roma debacle where he proved he has no mentality and was no longer able to decide anything, hence definitively surrendering the status of best player in the world. the subsequent years only re affirmed this. he was a genius indeed--was, pre 2016
You know, i actually partly agree with this. He's still genius, because his abilities say so, but his mentality went completely cuck-side, when he got older and more comfortable with his GOAT status. Still could decide random games thanks to his insane ability though. If he was stronger, more masculine in his persona, he would achieve twice as much, which seems insane, but itz tru.

sickstar

Okay we're in disagreement then.

But i have to say it's too bad this version of messi only popped in once in a while now. I'm seriously happier seeing last night play compared to leipzig ,two goals but apart from those moments, not reminiscing even last season messi at all, which was, for me, among 2nd rate seasons (jan to july that is), below 2011,2015 peaks.

I'm not watching psg to watch them winning ofc. If they met barca during ucl, it would be an easy decision. would hope messi's on his bad day but certainly not with other matches.

BarcaOG

Banned
You know, i actually partly agree with this. He's still genius, because his abilities say so, but his mentality went completely cuck-side, when he got older and more comfortable with his GOAT status. Still could decide random games thanks to his insane ability though. If he was stronger, more masculine in his persona, he would achieve twice as much, which seems insane, but itz tru.

yep--agree! he was basically crying at half time during the anfield disaster. weak af

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans