Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

El Gato

Villarato!
Nah, you can have all the money in the world but still can't do things due to FFP. Not saying it is our case, just saying they are two different things.
Doesn't matter how much money you got considering mortgaged for decades to come and aren't sustainable. Can't fulfil simple rules.

Then again who knows. Might be part of a deal that he comes your way on loan from Miami while they cover his wage as a conditional of him being contracted

We will see
I certainly hope he comes back to Barca. Would be an excellent way to return to the state from last few years prior to this season

Messigician

I wonder if those who mocked Ronaldo for going to Saudi at 38 will do the same about Messi, going to America at 35. By comparison, when Ronaldo was 35, he finished the Serie A season with 31 goals in 33, winning the title. A year later he finished the season with 36 in all competitions and a year later again, he finished United's top scorer

Horatio

You're welcome
Doesn't matter how much money you got considering mortgaged for decades to come and aren't sustainable. Can't fulfil simple rules.

Then again who knows. Might be part of a deal that he comes your way on loan from Miami while they cover his wage as a conditional of him being contracted

We will see
I certainly hope he comes back to Barca. Would be an excellent way to return to the state from last few years prior to this season
Nahh...Chinaman and I won the debate.

FiReFTW

Is it 100% confirmed? What a bizzare decision, why would you leave Europe instead of chasing Ronaldo's CL record and maybe another CL? How bizzare.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is it 100% confirmed? What a bizzare decision, why would you leave Europe instead of chasing Ronaldo's CL record and maybe another CL? How bizzare.

He doesn't need to chase that record, nor is it feasible for him to win another CL at this point. We don't have a shot right now, neither does say Milan. No CL-contender club wants him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I wonder if those who mocked Ronaldo for going to Saudi at 38 will do the same about Messi, going to America at 35. By comparison, when Ronaldo was 35, he finished the Serie A season with 31 goals in 33, winning the title. A year later he finished the season with 36 in all competitions and a year later again, he finished United's top scorer

No need to mock any of them. But I take Ronaldo went to Saudi Arabia for nothing but money, Messi goes to Miami possibly for other reasons other than money (expanding his brand and footprint in the US etc., a more business-related decision).

At least the Messis can finally learn to speak English.

Judoman

What's with you and Ronaldo dude? Ronaldo is an elite physical specimen, it's logical that his longevity is better. So what, what's your point?

malvolio

As @Horatio said - this was the plan all along. Moves like these are prepared in advance. You don't decide over night if you want to go to SA or US.

Probably Laporta was yapping shite again and wanted some press coverage over nothing.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Ronaldo kept playing in Europe because of the World Cup lol.

Home of Barca Fans