Lionel Messi - v7

ajnotkeith

Some of you are saying this is where it ends, but I think this is where it begins. Messi leaving is nowhere near the worst it can get.

Laporta has one month to make sure that our new signings, freshly brought to the club and told they will be key players, can even play in laliga. If we have to sell them and after what happened with Messi our pull as a club might evaporate. Nobody will come here whilst it's in ruins, Messi gone and we can barely promise our signings we'll be able to play them.

Not only that but the 1.4 billion debt which won't go any time soon.

If we can't register Garcia and Emerson our backline is fucked, and Aguero and Depay also leaving would mean Manaj is our 9. A fall from grace for Barcelona.

Horatio

You're welcome
Lack of money isn't the biggest problem, it's the salary cap. We wouldn't be able to register Messi even if he played for a pizza a month.

I don't get the salary cap issue though. Messi is not on the payroll anymore freeing up a lot of money. No way this has been taken up by Memphis and Aguero.

PacoBJuarez

And that's on Bartomeu. There is nothing we can do about it now. We have to move on and try to build for the future.

It just seems like people are making out Messi is bigger than the club. Like.... people are legit crying and making out that we'll fold as a club tomorrow if he leaves. It's just laughable.

I'm just saying, we would have saved so much money last season. We honestly would have money to spend this summer. We could have sent our proper goodbyes and we could have started building our future from that point on.

That's the point that I'm making though, it isn't just on Bartomeu. If this situation went down the way it appears it did, Laporta did the same shit. Just strung him along. He's the FUCKING GOAT! Messi may not be bigger than the club, but the way the club treated him is absolutely despicable. Imagine being a top player seeing this. Why would anyone ever want to play for Barca if this is how you are treated when you succeed? Get out now, follow Moriba out the door while you still can.

Joan

I don't get the salary cap issue though. Messi is not on the payroll anymore freeing up a lot of money. No way this has been taken up by Memphis and Aguero.

Doubt it too. Tebas said himself we could spend on wages a fourth of what we reduce. Messi leaving would be enough for us to register new signings.

Andresito

Staff member

With the current squad I think we are above it anyway. Messi or not. Even excluding the new signings.

Messigician

" none of the signings can be registered let alone Messi"

This isn't on Laporta or Messi guys.

The salary cap and the deal Tebes brokered is bordering on insanity. He must resign now or do the right thing and bend the knee

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Doubt it too. Tebas said himself we could spend on wages a fourth of what we reduce. Messi leaving would be enough for us to register new signings.

Then why aren't our new signings registered yet then?

Home of Barca Fans