Lionel Messi - v7

blackrum

I for one am happy Messi is staying. Lets hope his last season is great and let us take this opportunity to say our good-byes.

Same here :cheers: Let the overreactions wear down a bit and I'm sure we won't be off as bad as people paint it now.

xxxxxx

I can't believe this feels like a victory to Barto at all, he just got publicly dragged by the biggest player of the sport. Everyone knows his name now, and not in a good way.

If any other big star in another big team said what Messi just said about their president/owner, they would be out of the door the next day. But Bartomeu will just claim this as a victory. He can put this on his CV that he was the one who kept Messi at Barcelona till the end of his contract.

JamDav1982

Barca have no dressing room leaders.

Not really Messi fault but he is not a leader and is such a huge figure cannot imagine anyone in squad having the position to take that role on.

In past Xavi/Masch would not be scared to tell Messi or anyone else in squad if the standards dropped.

Maybe Koeman coming in will give some of that back.

Listen to Jose and imagine anyone at Barca leading like that....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv4xLyBDgqM

Richard.H

For people that are protecting Messi/finding him absolutely guilt free and calling everyone else haters, can you walk me through your reasoning? Messi I'm sure has a team of lawyers that look through these contracts and know what actions he could take, he had multiple opportunities to speak up in the past 3/4 years, and he certainly has some degree of power in regards to transfers.

I'm not defending Barto here, just want to know why Messi is getting defended so much. If anything his interview confirms it's FC Clown Show.

wisconsincule

you can't imagine it because he was sitting outside the dressing room at HT when we were getting thrashed by bayern

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HAvunW75Lv4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Depressing. Pretty much how I look watching the matches too.

akaranzo

I for one am happy Messi is staying. Lets hope his last season is great and let us take this opportunity to say our good-byes.

I read a good analogy for this situation now somewhere. It's basically like if your girlfriend says she wants to break up with you but you say ''ha you don't have enough income to pay rent on your own'' so she reluctantly agrees to stay with you for a couple more months while she looks for a job. That's the situation Barca and Messi are in. I don't see any way to be happy about it.

blackrum

For people that are protecting Messi/finding him absolutely guilt free and calling everyone else haters, can you walk me through your reasoning? Messi I'm sure has a team of lawyers that look through these contracts and know what actions he could take, he had multiple opportunities to speak up in the past 3/4 years, and he certainly has some degree of power in regards to transfers.

I'm not defending Barto here, just want to know why Messi is getting defended so much. If anything his interview confirms it's FC Clown Show.

It's not finding Messi 'absolutely guilt-free'. Guilt for what? The transfer saga or our sportive failings?

The only fault that I see Messi has in the magnitude of this transfer speculation saga is that he didn't speak out sooner, but I understand why he couldn't or wasn't advised to. The blowing up of it comes with the nature of the name (Messi) and with internet football media being insane. Other than that, sending a fax after supposedly expressing his wish to leave several times orally does not seem outrageous to me.

Other than that, I appreciate him as one of my favourite players and a Bar?a legend and it fills me with joy to see him wearing our colours. I don't hold personal grudges against players, I don't have a personal relationship with them other than player/viewer and I'm not as romantic as to not see that players aren't entirely self-less and the club might mean different things to then as it does to us.

Last edited:

Xaviniesta

why didnt he send the burofax before june 10, just to be safe? especially since he claims he told barto he wanted to leave since the beginning of the year

is a multi-millionaire really surounded by absolute morons? i highly doubt it

smells like a lot of bs

MagIX

He'll stay until 2022 to be prepared for the world cup.

In this case i am happy he is staying for other 2 seasons and lets hope these 2 seasons are great and let us take this opportunity to say our good-byes in two years.
And let's hope he will win the wc.

Jallo

why didnt he send the burofax before june 10, just to be safe? especially since he claims he told barto he wanted to leave since the beginning of the year

smells like a lot of bs

Then he might have not being able to finish the season. Or he wanted to put pressure on Butthole to do the right thing and resign.

xxxxxx

why didnt he send the burofax before june 10, just to be safe?

He could have, but it would have made him look pretty bad to the fans if he bailed during the middle of the season. We were in the middle of the season. He still had a chance of winning the league and the Champions League at that point. Besides, I don't think he could do that to the fans during the middle of the season. That's why it states in his contract that he can leave the end of the season and not during the middle of the season.

He probably feels dumb now for believing Bartomeu would allow him to leave at the end of the season.

Home of Barca Fans