Lionel Messi - v7

Xaviniesta

That?s why I am saying. If you know and told the club you want out, put pen to paper directly and don?t wait till end of the season. He got his terms, which states before June 10th (we expect) and he is free to go. If you already know in October you want out, do it directly instead of waiting for the last moment.

I know if I want out of my job I need to put it out on the last friday of the month. But if I know I want out on the 4th of September, I am not going to wait 21 days to inform them by writing (which I just did 3 hours ago).

either messi is surrounded by absolute idiots or he's lying here (which i think is most likely). any advisor would have told him to pen to paper

Total-Football

This guy is a fucking clown. I hope he does not win.

We are truly fucked. We need a board that has a clear sporting project. Relying on our almighty savior Xavi is not it.

Yep smells like messi is bullshit ting here. The decision has bayern all over it. It was a hot reaction to the humiliation

Richard.H

Never say never.

I don't think any team has even entertained putting a bid in because of the fighting between Messi and Bartomeu, and the fact Messi could have taken them to court... and the implications of signing him on a free. Maybe they actually thought Messi wouldn't leave or whatever. Now they know he's actually really unhappy and that he wants to leave.

But money talks. This is a business.... and no player is above the club. If City put in a good and realistic offer for him, I say they have a good chance of getting him. Bartomeu isn't that dumb.

Yes money talks, and that's exactly why Bartomeu is keeping him. You have any idea how much money Barca and La Liga as a whole will lose if he's gone? Who's going to be the star of La Liga? Mister Red Card Ramos? This is definitely a money move. Bartomeu is a La Liga/Madridista kunt through and through, he knows losing Messi would be a disaster for the whole league.

akaranzo

This is the worst possible outcome. Now we have Messi staying here despite not wanting to at all and Bartomeu thinks he's won. Absolute disaster, hope Messi just sits in the stands until January and then signs a pre-contract with another team. I'd hate to see him play for us again while knowing that that's not something he wants to do anymore.

khaled_a_d

Bruh he's far too slow as a team leader to take the right steps to help improve the project.
He is not faultless on the pitch and has made large errors of confidence off it by endorsing the wrong people and waiting things out despite knowing deep down there's no project developing here.

Not to mention he's publically outed himself as a dumbass for pursuing this line of 'leave-on-a-free' clause despite it having expired.

And now he's plunged himself into another year of toxicity in the dressing room where everyone knows he wants to leave, but will continue to earn extortionate wages without really being engaged in the club.

There's nothing good about this. Other than perhaps the whole airing of the dirty laundry finally happening. Even though it should have ~3-4 years ago.

Messi is so far the total winner here, he is the undisputed legend of the club, Bartou is now a history, a bad one too. Cules will always take his side at the end.

Too late? for what? Again, Messi isn't a patriot for sure, but he is a footballer whose job isn't to go in public to call out teammates or coaches or even board unless it is something touching him directly. If he did without something happening directly to him, then what? Were we gonna hear the end of it? look at yourself Messi? You are throwing your club under the bus? You are ungrateful? CR7 would never do that? And a bunch of total bs? Give me a break
He doesn't make himself look fool either? He asked what Xavi, Mascherano,Henry, Marquez got. Non of those actually had this "leave for free clause", that actually started with Iniesta. Even players who weren't club legends like Henry got that when they moved out. It is more or less a club policy

blackrum

Messi said things that people wanted him to say for 3 years, and same people are mad at him.
I don't fault him at anything he said tbh, the whole talking of "he should be self critical" is a pure madness that should not be even taken seriously, like yeah we all love to go in public on an going issue to self criticize ourselves :lol:

Ditto. I find the whole statement to be consistent and understandable. Expected something completely different and actually find it refreshing.

Alik

I for one am happy Messi is staying. Lets hope his last season is great and let us take this opportunity to say our good-byes.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I don't know how he can say that and expect us to believe it. As soon as we get a few bad results here and there, he'll stop giving a shit.

Bartomeu is such a piece of shit. He's taking a gamble that Messi will actually give a shit this year.... and I don't think he will. It's not a coincidence Messi has looked off for around 12 months or so. He's stopped caring.

This is going to be such a shit season.

Yeah, maybe if he didn't sulk and walk with his head down after the first concede goal while being the CAPTAIN of the fucking team, something would be different. Can't even imagine what the dressing room looks like during halftime.

blackrum

This is the worst possible outcome. Now we have Messi staying here despite not wanting to at all and Bartomeu thinks he's won. Absolute disaster, hope Messi just sits in the stands until January and then signs a pre-contract with another team. I'd hate to see him play for us again while knowing that that's not something he wants to do anymore.

I can't believe this feels like a victory to Barto at all, he just got publicly dragged by the biggest player of the sport. Everyone knows his name now, and not in a good way.

Xaviniesta

Yeah, maybe if he didn't sulk and walk with his head down after the first concede goal while being the CAPTAIN of the fucking team, something would be different. Can't even imagine what the dressing room looks like during halftime.

you can't imagine it because he was sitting outside the dressing room at HT when we were getting thrashed by bayern

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HAvunW75Lv4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Home of Barca Fans