Lionel Messi - v7

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Glad he stays. Hope he can be convinced at some point during the season to renew and retire here.

xxxxxx

There is no changing of mind.

It seems was released so could argue to the gullible that he could have left if wanted to but did not want to take Barca to court.

It still doesn't make any sense. Why would they release that statement saying he could leave for free and that La Liga/Barcelona got it wrong about his contract if he intends to stay anyway? Not to mention, they released this news like 30 minutes after Messi's father released his statement.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's news of Messi leaving tomorrow. Nobody but Messi or his father knows what's going on. Plenty of sources have got this wrong so far.

Raketa10

BREAKING: Lionel Messi's father and agent Jorge has released an official statement claiming that his son shall be able to leave Barcelona for free as the club's 700m Euros release clause is "not applicable at all" [skysports]

Yeah like 2 hours ago....

JamDav1982

It still doesn't make any sense. Why would they release that statement saying he could leave for free and that La Liga/Barcelona got it wrong about his contract if he intends to stay anyway? Not to mention, they released this news like 30 minutes after Messi's father released his statement.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's news of Messi leaving tomorrow. Nobody but Messi or his father knows what's going on. Plenty of sources have got this wrong so far.

It does make sense if want to put out message he could leave but wont as doesnt want to take Barca to court.

Wish he would take it to court and go.

xxxxxx

It does make sense if want to put out message he could leave but wont as doesnt want to take Barca to court.

Wish he would take it to court and go.

He still may it to court. He's only just released this statement.

I'm not sure I believe that report about him staying. It just doesn't make any sense after he just released a statement saying he can leave for free and that La Liga is wrong.

We'll just have to wait and see. Plenty of sources have got this wrong so far. The news changes every 5 minutes.

Pedro

La Masia
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&#55357;&#57000; — After the meeting, Bartomeu and Jorge Messi agreed to keep Leo Messi at Barcelona to avoid legal issues. [tyc sports]</p>— Bar?a Universal (@BarcaUniversal) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarcaUniversal/status/1301871070950064128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

JamDav1982

He still may it to court. He's only just released this statement.

I'm not sure I believe that report about him staying. It just doesn't make any sense after he just released a statement saying he can leave for free and that La Liga is wrong.

We'll just have to wait and see. Plenty of sources have got this wrong so far. The news changes every 5 minutes.

It does make sense if trying to protect image as forced to stay for a year when would rather go.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Tier 0 source Fabrizio Romano saying what we have known for a while. Club not willing to let Messi leave for less than 700M, basically forcing him to stay.

JamDav1982

Tier 0 source Fabrizio Romano saying what we have known for a while. Club not willing to let Messi leave for less than 700M, basically forcing him to stay.

Makes no difference with City not willing to pay for him until now.

If they were to make huge offer and make it public the tide could turn quickly on what is best for the future of Barca.

Home of Barca Fans