Lionel Messi - v7

FC433

One of the most reliable City's journalists:
"We?re *still* in the situation where City will get Messi if he can leave Barca... and it still depends on whether he can leave Barca. But statement goes against the last 36-hours worth of rumours about Messi having a change of heart. He still wants to join City. Long way to go"
https://twitter.com/SamLee/status/1301860266142052353?s=20

As it has been said, Messi wants to leave for free to maximize his $$$ and City are not willing to pay anything for him.

Gari

700 million do not work, the contract is valid, the end of the season can only be proved in court, Barcelona will not let go. Why this statement? Everything remained as it is.

JamDav1982

Seems like a different argument in that statement...it is not that the clause to leave was not met in time in June but the 700m termination clause is no longer applicable as now in 20/21 season.

Take it to court and try and get money out Messi/City.

Rather that than him staying.

Raketa10

700 million do not work, the contract is valid, the end of the season can only be proved in court, Barcelona will not let go. Why this statement? Everything remained as it is.

Because he is an asshole. He should had enough balls to say publicly "I want to leave" if he indeed wanted that. This "over the media" communication is bellow any possible level from him and his dad. It's clear City won't pay a dime for him. We don't need to take this to court, if he want's to go he can go to court or sit out the entire season. I honestly don't give a fuck anymore. As far as I am concerned we should fight until the end since we won't get anything for him, no money or players.

Last edited:

Sterlingfan2000

What this means is: The contract does not mention a date, but indeed refers to the end of the season. Which strengthens Leo's legal case. Or am I getting something wrong?

Edit: Wait, it doesn't mention an expiry of that exit clause at all. Are they omitting something?

I translate it for u:

IF this going to Court , Messi will win it for sure like 98%.

JamDav1982

Because he is an asshole. He should had enough balls to say publicly "I want to leave" if he indeed wanted that. This "over the media" communication is bellow any possible level from him and his dad. It's clear City won't pay a dime for him.

Clearly City dont want to pay as any negotiation would go against Messi idea he is no longer under contract.

Same morons will keep up the 'Barca should negoatiate' line so can point back and make that claim when he eventually leaves.

Xaviniesta

Messi taking Barcelona to court because he wants to leave after realizing the team isn't good enough in a game where he lost 8-2 as captain

i can't think of a worser way to to leave the club right now :lol:

Raketa10

I translate it for u:

IF this going to Court , Messi will win it for sure like 98%.

So what we have to lose? Nothing, because City are not willing to give anything for him. So let's go to court and he can sit until that resolves. As things stant right now he will go for free in either way so if there is a 10% chance we can win anything we should try.

Messi taking Barcelona to court because he wants to leave after realizing the team isn't good enough in a game where he lost 8-2 as captain

i can't think of a worser way to to leave the club right now :lol:

Exactly. :puke:

blackrum

Seems like a different argument in that statement...it is not that the clause to leave was not met in time in June but the 700m termination clause is no longer applicable as now in 20/21 season.

Yeah. This statement gives really little though, would be important to see the original wording (this one is translated?) and also the whole context of that quoted paragraph. Find it hard to believe that it is that straight-forward and that Bartomeu would be so adamant about something so (apparently) clear. Must be more to it.

Vilarrubi

Because he is an asshole. He should had enough balls to say publicly "I want to leave" if he indeed wanted that. This "over the media" communication is bellow any possible level from him and his dad. It's clear City won't pay a dime for him.

It’s not as simple as just saying “I want to leave” publicly. Even Bale hasn’t done that with Madrid just hinted strongly in his last interview. From Barca’s point of view it’s worse if he says that publicly too, because it puts us in a worse position to negotiate with City.

Gari

But he himself does not sign a contract with City, he is afraid. He and City are waiting for Barca to say that he is free. They will lose the court, otherwise they would have already been there. All these are good, it means free.

Raketa10

It?s not as simple as just saying ?I want to leave? publicly. Even Bale hasn?t done that with Madrid just hinted strongly in his last interview. From Barca?s point of view it?s worse if he says that publicly too, because it puts us in a worse position to negotiate with City.

There is nothing to negotiate. If there is no clause City won't give a dime for him. Things are pretty straightforward if what Messi family is claiming is true. If there is no clause why the hell is he still here? If things were that simple he would be in Manchester already.

Last edited:

blackrum

But he himself does not sign a contract with City, he is afraid. He and City are waiting for Barca to say that he is free. They will lose the court, otherwise they would have already been there. All these are good, it means free.

Yeah, according to his own understanding he should be able to sign a contract with City now.

Home of Barca Fans