Lionel Messi - v7

ebc_99

Messi loves the club and loves football, he will be as motivated as ever. We don't know if Messi really wants to leave or not, all we have is paper talk which you have to take with a pinch of salt.

FCBfan22

Cashed in with who? City want him for FREE. Messi wants to leave for FREE.

If he wants to leave, Messi will leave, no matter what way. Club should absolutely try to sell him and not let him walk.

City has FFP trouble and obviously they want him for free.

Pedro

La Masia
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Messi and his father will meet today to make a decision. [md]</p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1301479987644686336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

frostdude1

Looking at Barca forums. Many want him to leave because they don't want him to stay another year while his heart is not in it.

But the most outrageous thing is that those who want to sell him are suggesting that we pay them: 100m + Bernardo + Garcia. Or 100m + Bernardo and Jesus.

I mean.....how stupid do they think we are?

This is from a Man City forum. So please stop this 100M plus Silva and Garc?a crap

Andrew M

Messi loves the club and loves football, he will be as motivated as ever. We don't know if Messi really wants to leave or not, all we have is paper talk which you have to take with a pinch of salt.

I agree with the sentiment that Messi will be motivated.

Some members here are making assumptions that he won't be which is silly

xxxxxx

If he wants to leave, Messi will leave, no matter what way. Club should absolutely try to sell him and not let him walk.

City has FFP trouble and obviously they want him for free.

The FFP has been relaxed due to COVID, so City could still afford to sign him if they chose to.

I'd imagine City is seeing how this all plays out. If Messi still decides he wants to leave, City may put a bid for him.

blackrum

I am a bit irritated by the shit thrown at Messi and the talk of 'after all that happened' as if he caused the twitter circus (which was what got us all going). He sent a fax asking to leave and didn't appear to training to allegedly support his legal stance, yes. The news circus and twitter rumours, which accounted for 80% of the 'saga', weren't done by him, though. I am not normally looking much into the 'board spreads this or that to the press to make X look bad' theories, but the whole news of the fax and it referring to that contract clause clearly must have been leaked by the club's side. Rather than dealing with it internally (which would have made both sides look better and would have actually given leverage to negotiate and make and change decisions without public scrutiny).

Last edited:

JamDav1982

The FFP has been relaxed due to COVID, so City could still afford to sign him if they chose to.

I'd imagine City is seeing how this all plays out. If Messi still decides he wants to leave, City may put a bid for him.

FFP has been delayed for a year.

Anything they spend on Messi will still have to be taken into account.

City will want him for free as it is a risk to pay 100m+ for a 33 year old.

What if he gets injuries or decides he wants to leave and then they face a loss on transfer fee.

Cant see a big City bid coming in but if does Barca need to consider it.

xxxxxx

FFP has been delayed for a year.

Anything they spend on Messi will still have to be taken into account.

City will want him for free as it is a risk to pay 100m+ for a 33 year old.

What if he gets injuries or decides he wants to leave and then they face a loss on transfer fee.

Cant see a big City bid coming in but if does Barca need to consider it.

You always take that risk with signing a player for a big fee regardless of their age and who it is. But it's Messi.... it's worth the gamble. He'd generate a lot of money from shirt sales alone. Not to mention, the attraction to play alongside Messi is appealing for other top players.

xxxxxx

Apparently the quote of Messi's father saying yes has been misquoted. Apparently he said he doesn't know what will happen.

JamDav1982

You always take that risk with signing a player for a big fee regardless of their age and who it is. But it's Messi.... it's worth the gamble. He'd generate a lot of money from shirt sales alone. Not to mention, the attraction to play alongside Messi is appealing for other top players.

No there is much more risk when signing an older player on big money and you are wrong about FFP.

Pedro

La Masia
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jorge Messi has claimed he didn't say "yes" to the question of 'Messi considering staying another year'. He said "I don't know". [ser]</p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1301483370400997376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

xxxxxx

This is just a shitshow at this point.

Messi has to come out and publicly state what he wants to do at this point. I know he sent in that fax 9 days ago, but we need to move on from this. If he still wants to leave, then maybe we can negotiate further. I don't know at this point.

serghei

Lol. :lol:. Supermotivated. Instead of 8 km will run 7.

Home of Barca Fans