Lionel Messi - v7

Vilarrubi

[ESPN] | At the moment, there is no meeting between Bartomeu and Jorge Messi. It could be this afternoon or maybe tomorrow. Messi's father is still in his office, and Bartomeu has left camp nou.

Matter of hours FC.

JamDav1982

Money doesn't grow on the trees, but then again you don't spend 130M on Coutinho, send him to loan where he wins CL and then you pay additonal 5M for this.

Its just that we have been incredibly mismanaged. We are club with highest revenue in the world and absolutely worst finances. Why? Because in last 5 years our outgoing transfers have been laughably bad (look at Rakitic, Vidal and Suarez). We can't sell for shit, yet we are buying like absolute retards.

Then you have forum members such as yourself saying "money doesn't grow on the trees". No shit it doesn't, but with our kind of revenue it almost did, but if Messi goes the golden goose is gone and this board knows it. He is like 50% of our marketing money I assume at this point...

People from middle east and asia are watching Barca games because Messi plays, not to see absolute abomination that was Barca football last 2-3 seasons.

Barca did not pay 5m for Coutinho for winning CL.

Are you saying club should refuse to let Messi go for less than 700m? Or what is the point about marketing?

Raketa10

Money doesn't grow on the trees, but then again you don't spend 130M on Coutinho, send him to loan where he wins CL and then you pay additonal 5M for this.

Its just that we have been incredibly mismanaged. We are club with highest revenue in the world and absolutely worst finances. Why? Because in last 5 years our outgoing transfers have been laughably bad (look at Rakitic, Vidal and Suarez). We can't sell for shit, yet we are buying like absolute retards.

Then you have forum members such as yourself saying "money doesn't grow on the trees". No shit it doesn't, but with our kind of revenue it almost did, but if Messi goes the golden goose is gone and this board knows it. He is like 50% of our marketing money I assume at this point...

People from middle east and asia are watching Barca games because Messi plays, not to see absolute abomination that was Barca football last 2-3 seasons.

Again you are stating the obvious. Things that are 100% true but can not be changed. Those things were repeated 329482037428 times in this thread. We are where we are! Just accept it and prepare yourself for few hard seasons where the likes of Pjanic or Wajnaldum will be in our starting 11.

There is no point in discussing the obvious mistakes which were made in the past. New board has to come with a proper rebuilding plan and than maybe we stand a chance. Money spent on Dembele, Griezmann and Coutinho is gone and we need to accept the fact that we are broke. We won't be able to buy the best of the best for a while.

Last edited:

blaugrana1987

Case in point, we will pay 20-30M for Wijnaldum (Liverpool reject) and they will be buying Tiago A. Tells you all you need to know really...

JamDav1982

Case in point, we will pay 20-30M for Wijnaldum (Liverpool reject) and they will be buying Tiago A. Tells you all you need to know really...

Different players and would you not think Thiago is too old considering 6 months older than Wijnaldum who make out to be an issue.

Thiago is better than Wijnaldum but this midfield will be built for FDJ.

blaugrana1987

Barca did not pay 5m for Coutinho for winning CL.

Are you saying club should refuse to let Messi go for less than 700m? Or what is the point about marketing?
My point is club has profited IMMENSELY of off Messi's name ever since this stupid board came into power. Marketing deals we have are probably extremely influenced by Messi, which doesn's surprise as even La Liga is trying to actively keep Messi here > he brings shit load of money.

Messi goes, Ronaldo, Neymar and who is left? Griezmann and Hazard? Lol...revenues will plumet in La Liga and Barcelona.

Fact of the matter is, this board has grossly mismanaged this club. I am just looking at our "out transfers" and it is disaster. We cannot sell for shit and we buy like drunken billionairs.

blaugrana1987

To be fair neither of them is a long term solution.
They are not, but there are levels to this. Liverpool is replacing Tiago with Wijnaldum, and its us who are taking the reject. I mean maybe this is some grand plan by the guy that almost got Everton relegated, I cannot be sure.

The way we managed Tiago is another golden moment for this club. Lets not even get back on it

JamDav1982

My point is club has profited IMMENSELY of off Messi's name ever since this stupid board came into power. Marketing deals we have are probably extremely influenced by Messi, which doesn's surprise as even La Liga is trying to actively keep Messi here > he brings shit load of money.

Messi goes, Ronaldo, Neymar and who is left? Griezmann and Hazard? Lol...revenues will plumet in La Liga and Barcelona.

Fact of the matter is, this board has grossly mismanaged this club. I am just looking at our "out transfers" and it is disaster. We cannot sell for shit and we buy like drunken billionairs.

Still not sure of how any of that influences how club should behave on this issue of Messi wanting to leave now.

You just keep repeating same argument that have been done to death and not what is being discussed.

JamDav1982

They are not, but there are levels to this. Liverpool is replacing Tiago with Wijnaldum, and its us who are taking the reject. I mean maybe this is some grand plan by the guy that almost got Everton relegated, I cannot be sure.

The way we managed Tiago is another golden moment for this club. Lets not even get back on it

Thiago was managed fine unless you want Tito to be instructed to play him purely for clause.

Was stuck behind Xavi and Iniesta and took chance to move as not changing any time soon.

blaugrana1987

lol he's Klopp's 3rd most playerd player behind TAA and VVD and is the same age as Thiago.
And Rakitic was one of the most played players in our squad. As was Busquets, and Suarez (when fit) yet we wont to ship them free of charge.

Won't be replying anymore. We are in great shape, Wijnaldum is awesome, as is Pjanic. Our transfers have been very good, we got coach who nearly relegated Top 10 team in PL, what more can we ask for? visca el barca.

blaugrana1987

Still not sure of how any of that influences how club should behave on this issue of Messi wanting to leave now.

You just keep repeating same argument that have been done to death and not what is being discussed.
I just love to repeat arguments because you are such a board cock sucker that I can feel over my fucking keyboard that it drives you wild. That is why. I like to remind people what has this board done to this club.

2011 to 2020, 9 years of difference. From perhaps most loved club in the world to absolute laughingstock. Love, love to remind you that.

Home of Barca Fans