Lionel Messi - v7

KingLeo10

I disagree. Acceleration is still top class, he beams through defenders whenever there's space, it's just not happening as often as before.

Lack of goals away could also be due to the whole team underperforming.

Fair enough about the first part.

For the second, I'm actually arguing it didn't matter how bad the team/manager was when Messi was in his prime (or what I consider to be his prime). He scored almost at will. Best example being the 21 game goal streak when we didn't even have a manager in 2013.

malvolio

Messi makes managers look great, not the other way around. Sure, he isn't at the top of his game, but he is still head and shoulders the best in the world.
Give me an example of a player that delivers just as much attacking wise.

bismp

[tw]1224341378399985664[/tw]

Maybe it's this?

I personally don't give a fuck.

It’s better than Messi being injured sure,but I wouldn’t exactly say this is pleasant news..Another sign that the club rots from top to bottom

bismp

[tw]1224672394490654720[/tw]

fkkk

He is almost 33,it is kinda normal to have minor injuries frequently.If I recall correctly he played big parts of last season with groin injury.Let's just hope that this is not something major that will eventually keep him sidelined...

Devils

[tw]1224714751265120259[/tw]

'Managed carefully' probably means that he's going to be limited in how much he can play to prevent the injury from getting worse.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi should definitely be managed carefully if he is already feeling discomfort in this legs but there is no reason for Setien to scale back the intense training sessions to get the rest of the squad in shape. Them feeling a bit fatigued is no reason to scale it back, these players have had it too relaxed and easy before.

bismp

[tw]1224714751265120259[/tw]

'Managed carefully' probably means that he's going to be limited in how much he can play to prevent the injury from getting worse.

No,I think it means that he's not going to practice at high levels of intensity or even skip practice at all sometimes.And that he is going to play almost every game with low intensity.

What a fucking waste,not only did we not build a good team around him,but he also has to play in pain...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
You know, I wouldn't mind if we had to play the rest of the season without him, not because I wish him an injury or anything, it's just that this is a lost cause and the sooner we realize it the better... There is no point in him giving us a glimmer of hope when we all know massive failure is just around the corner...

Home of Barca Fans