Lionel Messi - v7

Tackle

Messi: "Confidence in Valverde? Yes... We are working to improve. We come from not having played well recently and we have to get our game back, despite the fact that we are leaders."

Messi: "Does the dressing room have confidence in Valverde? I already answered that one..."

Messi: "Today we took a step forward, despite the defeat."

Last edited:

booge

i feel so wierd after watching that one.
i was screaming like a alien, making alien noises when messi was scoring those goals and assisting vidal.

very strange feelings.

i think we saw the goat man

serghei

A real leader doesn't back incompetent managers just because he and his friends like the freedom and power this manager gives them. The club and the team come first. And Valverde is an obstacle in the rebuilding of a new team.

Tackle

A real leader doesn't back incompetent managers just because he and his friends like the freedom and power this manager gives them. The club and the team come first. And Valverde is an obstacle in the rebuilding of a new team.

There are very few great leaders in world football and Messi just happens to be a quite lad. He tells the press he supports Valverde to give the least controversial answer possible. He has the captaincy based on status and seniority right now and it would be wrong IMO to strip him of it in his final years at the club.

Cristiano is no textbook leader either. He is a narcissist however and he likely would have thrown a tantrum and fallen out with Valverde after Liverpool, if not Roma if he were in Leo's shoes. Not sure that is a much better alternative in terms of stability as seen by his lack of league titles.

Total-Football

Err, actually he scored two screamers + basically the beautiful assist from freekick which led to the goal of Piqué in the second half..

I think I overstated the regression yeah.. But the standard of that first half was ridiculously high. He was terrorizing them from the flank

jairzinho

It still beats me why he supports Valverde so much. Even if he doesn't want to criticize the coach publicly, he could communicate in private to the board. Seems like he's more concerned with playing with his pals in his remaining years and with Ernie around, there's a higher chance of them staying here for as long as they want.

soul24rage

Love the dude, but ever since he backed EV and helped reduce the pressure for the board to sack him, I will have no sympathy for him if the team gets humiliated again.

SG-7

There are very few great leaders in world football and Messi just happens to be a quiet lad. He tells the press he supports Valverde to give the least controversial answer possible. He has the captaincy based on status and seniority right now and it would be wrong IMO to strip him of it in his final years at the club.

It's mind-boggling how a lot of people on this forum fail to see this crucial point. Messi has always been somewhat of a shy character. Going against a manager publicly due to the repercussions is something he'll never do.

HT1214

This is one of the reasons why Messi is not a captain material and should never be a manager after he retires.

Messi is a good captain in argentina. I think Messi is a good captain in a young team cause he's a kind person. He just can't be rude to similar age teammate.

Home of Barca Fans