Lionel Messi - v7

Newcomer

A state-run club shouldn't need anything to beat Lille, just quit this false humility.

Hum, i'm not talking about PSG winning L1 or beating Le LOSC here. We all know what is the end goal : winning CL.

There is no false humility when our starting LB so far is Kurzawa, a guy so bad that PSG needed to play Diallo out of position yesterday. Needless to say that Diallo was terrible as LB against Troyes.

Newcomer

Btw, it was also said that PSG was busy finding a loophole with some kind of ambassador role for Messi for the contract to fit their budget.

Asylum15

Cried HARD at the press conference today.

Fuck man, it's really happening (even though it had to happen sometime), it's just the worst possible exit.

sickstar

It is working against all three of 'big' teams in Spain.

The majority of teams they play week in week out are terrible and lack pace/physicality then cant cope when meet it in CL.

I wouldn't think this is the only factor as the teams around big three are always like this even during 2008-09 to 2017-18 when barca and madrid dominate ucl (7 la liga and 3 for other leagues, PL, BL amd serie a).

Givenchy

Surreal watching Barca (albeit a friendly) knowing Messi is gone. Even when we played like utter shit without Messi, there was always a feeling of "GOAT will be back soon, he'll save us" but now we have returned to mortals.

sickstar

Now it's already the barca future talks in a messi thread lol.
Before getting that far, we have to fix the economic issues first.
Hopefully the additional income with the new deal will suffice at least the registration for the new player without forgetting the task to offload some players with minimum contribution (especially with high salary) to other clubs.

sickstar

Surreal watching Barca (albeit a friendly) knowing Messi is gone. Even when we played like utter shit without Messi, there was always a feeling of "GOAT will be back soon, he'll save us" but now we have returned to mortals.

Can't watch it. How's that ronaldo get substituted and chiesa just came in? Ah well, friendly still is friendly.

Well at least depay scores again. Hopefully his scoring run continue when the season comes.

Neeraj

Ansu if it is up to me.

Or give it to a player that will be gone next season and give it to Ansu then.

Not sure if it would be good to put that kind of pressure on the kid? I mean the #10 is pressure in normal situations. But wearing it after Messi? Don't know if we should take that risk on one of our best prospects so early on.

Givenchy

Got to admit, difficult to see this thread in History.

By the way, who are we giving the #10 to boyz?

Nobody, for this season imo. call it out of respect for Leo but in truth, the amount of pressure our players will be under anyway, not sure we need to add more

Home of Barca Fans