Lionel Messi - v7

Centauri B

True. We have a chance if we don't face certain team's, like Juve or Liverpool. We can beat anyone else.

Pool are scary (but beatable) alright, but :lol: at Juve being someone we would like to avoid.

If we get the same luck as last year in CL, we have a chance to win it. This means kind draws in last 16 and quarters. We can maybe hope for a Messi masterclass in a semifinal and sneak our way to a final, Madrid 2016 style.

At the round of 16, we are most likely to get a relatively easy opponent as we have finished first in our group for the thousandth year running. In the QFs, it's anybody's guess who we draw. I think many of us are seriously underestimating our team's potential. Yes, we started the season somewhat poorly, but we had to deal with lots of injuries etc. The team is slowly clicking into gear and is clearly demonstrating to be one of the very best in all of Europe.

The teams I fear the most are PSG and Liverpool. Besides them, I think we would be favorites against anybody else. Mind you, both PSG & Liverpool can be beaten by Messi if he only has adequate support from the supporting cast.

Last edited:

JohnN

Another couple of monster goals, some excellent final balls, some great one Vs 1-2-3. Pretty good player I guess..

Alik

He has been in beast mode for a couple of matches now. Glad to see this Messi again.

Physically he also seems in great shape.

Havesaks

Has become more lethal and willing to score the last month. Hopefully he can maintain it more or less for the rest of the season.

With Messi you sometimes have the feeling he doesn't need to score more goals, like he is fed up and is lacking motivation, so he will just 'waste' a lot of goals in order to make Suarez score or play a teammate which hasn't a higher probability to score. Does any other top-goalscorer ever had such a tendency?

Centauri B

Has become more lethal and willing to score the last month. Hopefully he can maintain it more or less for the rest of the season.

With Messi you sometimes have the feeling he doesn't need to score more goals, like he is fed up and is lacking motivation, so he will just 'waste' a lot of goals in order to make Suarez score or play a teammate which hasn't a higher probability to score. Does any other top-goalscorer ever had such a tendency?

No, Messi stands alone in this regard as well.

Xavi & Iniesta were extremely unselfish, but it was somewhat understandable because they were not very good goalscorers.

Pedro

La Masia
Let's hope Leo scores vs. Inter Milan

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

Home of Barca Fans