Lionel Messi - v7

He definitely cares about the individual awards more now than in the recent past and I feel it is solely down to his kids. We all know he lives for his family and his kids now at this age are all about winning and wanting their dad to be the best.

I'm almost certain his kids said to him last year that they wanted him to win the Ballon Dor and be the number 1. In the same way he took his foot off the gas when his kids were born, it's his kids now who are pushing him on and keeping him super motivated in the final years of his career.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
messi%20record%20dar8adh.jpg

That's incredible! He only has 93 goals less than Pele's club goals (his goals goals @ Santos and NY Cosmos)

raskolnikov

The amazing part to me is that even if he retires at 36 (say 2022/2023) he would still easily get to 800+ goals at this rate if not badly injured.
Seemed unimaginable years agp that he would have this kind of longetivity and consistency in his output at the wrong side of 30.

Vilarrubi

The amazing part to me is that even if he retires at 36 (say 2022/2023) he would still easily get to 800+ goals at this rate if not badly injured.
Seemed unimaginable years agp that he would have this kind of longetivity and consistency in his output at the wrong side of 30.

It’ll be at least 2022 imo. Based on his recent comments and he will surely go to World Cup 2022.

raskolnikov

It’ll be at least 2022 imo. Based on his recent comments and he will surely go to World Cup 2022.
That world cup is in the winter due to the Qatar fiasco.
That would mean he atleast continues till summer 2023. Hopefully longer but he would be 36 by then.

Vilarrubi

That world cup is in the winter due to the Qatar fiasco.
That would mean he atleast continues till summer 2023. Hopefully longer but he would be 36 by then.

Yeah he’ll be 35 at the end of 2021/22 season so will be that age for the World Cup and most of 2022/23 season. Fully expect him to do this.

Wallace

The saddest part of this is that he lost eight years with limited managers (Tito Vilanova, Gerardo Martino, Luis Enrique and Valverde).

Meanwhile CR7 had manager like Mourinho, Ancelotti and Zidane.

LordLichtenstein

Messi is 32½ and is still capable of 50+ goals and 20+ assists per season. Even if his stats were to be cut in half, he would still be our best player. Think about that.

Home of Barca Fans