Lionel Messi - v7

Messigician

(🌕) JUST IN: Messi will be taking legal action against the newspaper ?El Mundo?. His lawyer is preparing a lawsuit against the newspaper. @rac1 #FCB 💸🚨🚨

Hope he got a new lawyer

Neeraj

Wondering on what basis one can sue the newspaper in this case. If someone leaks a contract to the newspaper, they have the right to do whatever they want with it. Unless of course he's claiming that the contract is false I suppose..

JamDav1982

That is not what I am suggesting at all, not sure where you get that from.

Taxes are quite complicated and anyone who has filled a tax form can agree that a lot of it is subjective and open to interpretation. Now when you're talking of a player with numbers and complicated revenue streams like Messi, it is VERY much of an art than a science, when it comes to your tax reporting. It's not as simple as 100-40=60. Given that the Hacienda has made it a point to make an example out of Messi (as evidenced by them accosting him on the airplane recently) having the actual contract of a player can give them a lot of fodder to make arguments or deny claims made by Messi's accountants.

You claim not about trying to avoid tax then say Messi accountants may be exposed in creatively trying to avoid tax. That being an 'art'. If the accountants are doing nothing wrong then this expose makes no difference.

Exactly as I said and doesnt hold up.

Just made a claim from nowhere to add and angle and trying to back it up.

Proper

Banned
Relax he is staying.

And that is great news? The guy is in clear decline, not even top 10 best players in the world anymore but on half a million in wages a week.

Barcelona dropped a clanger not selling him to City in the summer, they could have demanded ?20 million, laughed all the way to the bank and City would have paid it, but as usual with Spanish clubs, it's all political and elections matter more than football matters so Messi had to stay to save face even though him being there is making a club in financial turmoil even more broke.

Neeraj

You claim not about trying to avoid tax then say Messi accountants may be exposed in creatively trying to avoid tax. That being an 'art'. If the accountants are doing nothing wrong then this expose makes no difference.

Exactly as I said and doesnt hold up.

Just made a claim from nowhere to add and angle and trying to back it up.

Have you ever filled a tax form before? Because you sound naive. Everyone tries to reduce taxes through deductions. Tax rules by definition are vague and open to interpretation because of the number of different cases they need to work in. It's not a black and white case of either being 'exposed' or doing 'nothing wrong'. When your revenue is as complicated as Messi's is, there is no 100% 'correct' tax declaration, the only thing you can do is to make sure you follow the laws and don't intentionally try to cheat. Now, given that Messi has been caught cheating before, any small bits that the tax agency can argue against by virtue of things being as complicated and subjective as they are, I'd reckon they'd look to dig it open. This doesn't mean his accountants did anything 'wrong' or creatively 'avoided' tax, at least not necessarily. It just comes with the territory of being in the public eye and having been caught before.

Millions of people around the world get tax notices for a deficit in tax payment or a tax asset. That's just how taxes work.

FinBarcelonafan

The richest never played by the same rules. They just have different possibilities to find loopholes from law(great lawyers) etc. As long as you try to reduce your taxes, there will be complications. Most of the people try to reduce their taxes, Messi is no different.

Although someone as famous as Messi should be very careful. Taxman will always target the most famous people, so they can make example out of them.

Shakira, Ronaldo, Messi etc. All same faith.

Last edited:

serghei

At this point it's pretty obvious that Messi and his greed is also what put us into financial problems, after the Board's incompetence obviously (since they were the ones that gave him all those money). No way should a single player win that, while the club is an embarrassment in Europe.

To recover financially we have to let him go. The guy cares mostly about money.

Neeraj

Club denied the leak.

Yeah the club denied that they were the ones to leak it but in effect have confirmed that the document is legit. Lol I wouldn't be surprised if one arm of the club is leaking the thing and the other arm is denying the leak and offering full support to the player, lol.

serghei

Yeah the club denied that they were the ones to leak it but in effect have confirmed that the document is legit. Lol I wouldn't be surprised if one arm of the club is leaking the thing and the other arm is denying the leak and offering full support to the player, lol.

I doubt El Mundo puts that out that if they don't have backing on this. This is not the type of news that goes out blindly.

Jakabor

What a disgusting contract.

Messi eating good, but not for the benefit of the overall economy of the club. Let some of the oil state clubs pay him that.

JamDav1982

Have you ever filled a tax form before? Because you sound naive. Everyone tries to reduce taxes through deductions. Tax rules by definition are vague and open to interpretation because of the number of different cases they need to work in. It's not a black and white case of either being 'exposed' or doing 'nothing wrong'. When your revenue is as complicated as Messi's is, there is no 100% 'correct' tax declaration, the only thing you can do is to make sure you follow the laws and don't intentionally try to cheat. Now, given that Messi has been caught cheating before, any small bits that the tax agency can argue against by virtue of things being as complicated and subjective as they are, I'd reckon they'd look to dig it open. This doesn't mean his accountants did anything 'wrong' or creatively 'avoided' tax, at least not necessarily. It just comes with the territory of being in the public eye and having been caught before.

Millions of people around the world get tax notices for a deficit in tax payment or a tax asset. That's just how taxes work.

You spoke shite about tax now trying to back it up and calling others naive.

Trying to hard to find an original angle.

Nothing you are saying is relevant other to back up point you fabricated.

Neeraj

You spoke shite about tax now trying to back it up and calling others naive.

Trying to hard to find an original angle.

Nothing you are saying is relevant other to back up point you fabricated.

I spoke shit about tax? By saying that the tax authorities would find this extremely interesting? :lol:

I have noticed that you're the most argumentative person on this forum, you like to argue about anything and everything when you have nothing to argue against.

What did I fabricate exactly :lol: Where did I even mention that Messi has avoided tax again? You come in absolutely clueless about how taxes work and you spout off about some strawman that doesn't exist.

I'm done arguing with you as I have no intention of teaching you how taxes work, you might consult your friends or family on that one, might come in handy.

Home of Barca Fans