Lionel Messi - v7

xxxxxx

PSG cannot afford to have Messi, Mbappe and Neymar due to the FFP. Also, they're supposed to be giving Neymar and Mbappe salary increases from their new contract extensions, so you're talking at least 650k a week for Neymar (probably way more), 450k a week for Mbappe.... and Messi will be on at least 750k a week (probably way more). Add all the other salaries in their squad, there's no chance he'll be allowed to go there.

I know they have rich owners, but they simply can't have Messi, Mbappe and Neymar in their team. The FFP won't allow it. I'm pretty certain PSG lost around 200m euros due to COVID in 2020. Also, with the French clubs not getting anywhere the amount of money they were from the TV deal, they're losing more money.

I personally feel he'll go to Man City if he goes anywhere. They have a better squad overall than PSG. They also have rich owners. Their FFP situation would be better than PSG's. Messi is best friends with Aquero..... and he knows Pep so well. Man City could easily afford to pay Messi around 750k a week, and they still wouldn't be in breach of the FFP. And, if they wanted, they could sell Mahrez for easily 35m and get his 120k a week salary off the books to cover Messi's salary.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

it's clear that Messi wants PSG. Neymar couldn't make that 'l want to play with Messi again' declaration without Messi's consent. He wants to win CL, so that he can overcome Ronaldo. Renewing with Barca doesn't make any sense for Messi and Barca.Barca can't pay Messi even 25 m a year net wage.

I dont think he thinks about overcome Ronaldo. He just doesnt want to waste his last years with garbage football.

malvolio

I don't think we can afford to keep him. Even if he agrees to take a 50% reduction from his salary, he's still going to be on 25m plus a year.

we're keeping a useless griezmann on 20m a year. not to mention we still have dead weight like umtiti or coutinho.

not saying it would be the best decision to keep him, but in current situation we would go bonkers trying to replace him and probably end up with another disappointment.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I don't think we can afford to keep him. Even if he agrees to take a 50% reduction from his salary, he's still going to be on 25m plus a year.

Id definitely keep him if his salary was somewhere in the 20-25m region without a doubt. As Malvolio pointed out id rather offload both Coutinho and Griezmann any day of the week. I hope we've learnt our lesson as a football club, maybe in the future we will be more responsible with the wages we give players as they are currently incredibly excessive.

I'm hoping he is not that crazed about money at this stage and understands he needs to finish his career here.
One would hope so.

Bulgroz

Probably just learning French to greet Neymar on Feb 16th.

Messi: Bonjour Neymar
Neymar: Salut L'ami
Messi: Comment est Paris?
Neymar: comme Barcelone, mais avec des baugettes bien meilleures.
Messi: Oh la la
Neymar: et comment va Luis?
Messi: sur la cha?ne de chien de Diego, mais il marque les buts.
Neymar: A la saison prochaine?
Messi: Peut ?tre. Cela d?pend si Laporta peut me donner un putain de bonus de fid?lit?. Et s'il peut trouver ? mon p?re des prostitu?es de grande classe.
Neymar: Je peux aider avec ce dernier.
Messi: Haha, assurez-vous que c'est mieux que ce que vous avez Arthur.

:lol:

(though I doubt Neymar can actually speak French to be honest :lol:)

Newcomer

I'm hoping he is not that crazed about money at this stage and understands he needs to finish his career here.

I think you'll be disappointed with that one (crazed about money). Wherever he goes, he will have a very big salary and/or a big signing on fee.

Nazario1985

I'm hoping he is not that crazed about money at this stage

The club owe him nearly 50M$ ... and he never opens his mouth about it not even in his rant video.

He wanted to go before being available for free & Barto said no ...

I guess it's never enough for Messi

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The club owe him nearly 50M$ ... and he never opens his mouth about it not even in his rant video.

He wanted to go before being available for free & Barto said no ...

I guess it's never enough for Messi

Where did you read that we owe him 50m? Are you talking about the collective agreement to defer payments which saved us 120m?

Home of Barca Fans