Lionel Messi - v7

malvolio

Dest? Damn 1 day left but you snatch the dumbest comment of 2020 just like that

Enlighten me, genius.

For me, he's average. Not a player that will cement the RB spot here.

Fati and Pedri are really talented and showed glimpses of players to be starters here

Birdy

What I singled out from Messi's interview is i) his extraordinary praise to Pep, ii) his mention of his dream to play in the MLS.
Plus, he repeated again all the stuff about the cycle being over and that new young people being now at Barca.
The last one means that he is still determined to go in the summer.

Reading between the lines, if you put the first two together, it seems that City is the big favorite. 2 or 3 years with Pep and another two in their MLS brother club New York City FC. It should work for everyone:
Barca getting rid of old Messi who is currently burdening, rather than being any integral part of the rebuild much needed.
City adding Messi as an asset that maybe can help them win CL that they want so much.
Pep is the only coach IMO atm whose words Messi will respect, thus the only one capable of managing him (telling him to sit on the bench for many games first and foremost, molding him into the needs of the game in a particular position - by the way I think it's almost certain that if he goes there he will play somewhere in the 'hole' next to de Bruine either in the 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-2-1 that Pep plays recently - with particular duties and Messi responding to those duties).
And finally Messi fulfilling his wish of winning CL again, and then playing in the MLS to finish his career in a relaxed and easy way.

If Neymar wants him at PSG, it seems they have to work hard to convince him.

JamDav1982

What I singled out from Messi's interview is i) his extraordinary praise to Pep, ii) his mention of his dream to play in the MLS.
Plus, he repeated again all the stuff about the cycle being over and that new young people being now at Barca.
The last one means that he is still determined to go in the summer.

Reading between the lines, if you put the first two together, it seems that City is the big favorite. 2 or 3 years with Pep and another two in their MLS brother club New York City FC. It should work for everyone:
Barca getting rid of old Messi who is currently burdening, rather than being any integral part of the rebuild much needed.
City adding Messi as an asset that maybe can help them win CL that they want so much.
Pep is the only coach IMO atm whose words Messi will respect, thus the only one capable of managing him (telling him to sit on the bench for many games first and foremost, molding him into the needs of the game in a particular position - by the way I think it's almost certain that if he goes there he will play somewhere in the 'hole' next to de Bruine either in the 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-2-1 that Pep plays recently - with particular duties and Messi responding to those duties).
And finally Messi fulfilling his wish of winning CL again, and then playing in the MLS to finish his career in a relaxed and easy way.

If Neymar wants him at PSG, it seems they have to work hard to convince him.

Doubt he goes to play in New York.

For weather/tax reasons/Spanish speaking population all points to Miami as reported and already has a property there.

Home of Barca Fans