Lionel Messi - v7

serghei

I remember games against Sparta Prag last year or year before, Barca in attack wit Suarez and Messi were dominated like 3 tier team

I remember a bad 0-0 vs Olympiakos before as well. We usually play some turgid stuff away from home in CL even against the weakest sides.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I remember games against Sparta Prag last year or year before, Barca in attack wit Suarez and Messi were dominated like 3 tier team

It was last season and the effort from Messi and Suarez was pathetic. They just stood about half way line and did nothing for team off ball.

That is game that media claimed MATS had a go at them after.

That whole Barca team was rotten. Too many entitled old players with too much power. That is gone now.

Messi in this team should be different... if he wants that to be case.

I know! I was watching Psg-ManU then switched on the remote control telling honey "3-0". And it was, at 43 minutes! :D
Griezmann and Co always great in nontitle games with no pressure, already qualified.
Leo is already sleeping I bet.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Shame he didn't play , would have scored 4

Watching him stand at one spot for 90 minutes? No please. The team was actually pressing and closing down the passing lanes today. His effort is minimal in this kind of games and he rightfully should not be playing in them. He's 33 and needs to pick his games more carefully.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
were these the shittiest teams in this year's group stages? woeful stuff from both ferencvaros and dynamo, against some bad juve and barca sides.

another clear example that this tournament needs to die.

Not really. Real Madrid's group is a clear example that teams like Shakhtar need to play in this competition. You always get some pushover teams but about you also get very interesting games with "lesser" teams. The CL money is also very important for them. Imagine that the superleague comes true, the wealth disparity will become incredible due to the massive contracts and TV broadcasts. The top teams will remain such forever. That will be the death of football. No way smaller teams would be able to compete.

FinBarcelonafan

Watching him stand at one spot for 90 minutes? No please. The team was actually pressing and closing down the passing lanes today. His effort is minimal in this kind of games and he rightfully should not be playing in them. He's 33 and needs to pick his games more carefully.

This. Pointless to play Messi in games he is not motivated.

serghei

scenes when at the end of the season messi will be outscored from open play by all his attacking teammates:VdB:

It's up to him if that happens. He's still good enough to score a lot of goals, but he needs to be smart enough to accept his limitations. And I'm not too sure he's that smart, seems to me like he is pretty deluded.

JamDav1982

were these the shittiest teams in this year's group stages? woeful stuff from both ferencvaros and dynamo, against some bad juve and barca sides.

another clear example that this tournament needs to die.

Barca were better away from home vs those two teams when Kiev had less injuries as well.

If Messi had played and played well tonight folk would have been purring and not caring who against.

malvolio

Not really. Real Madrid's group is a clear example that teams like Shakhtar need to play in this competition. You always get some pushover teams but about you also get very interesting games with "lesser" teams. The CL money is also very important for them. Imagine that the superleague comes true, the wealth disparity will become incredible due to the massive contracts and TV broadcasts. The top teams will remain such forever. That will be the death of football. No way smaller teams would be able to compete.

it only got to this because of madrid's stupidity and groups not really being balanced. shaktar and gladbach are way better than ferenc and dynamo. and still, madrid and inter can qualify, after many fuckups

anyway, in 90% of the cases(or even more) the favorites from each group go through. even if you have a little drama along the way, result is pretty much the same year after year.

If Messi had played and played well tonight folk would have been purring and not caring who against.

media would have also hyped the whole thing through all the available channels. messi or ronaldo do something = clicks/views/papers sold

Last edited:

Birdy

The movement and fluidity of the front 4 tonight is a clear evidence of what exactly Messi's presence is hindering.

Home of Barca Fans