Lionel Messi - v7

JamDav1982

Look m8, you're perfectly entitled to your opinion on Messi, and by reading others' comments on you it does seem that you have a bit of a thing going on against Messi, ho know why!! I've watched perhaps close to 90% on all his games and there are veryveryvery few where he hasn't contributed something worthwhile to the team. If he didn't score he inevitably provides good chances for team mates. I watched every game that gets continually brought up to beat him with and there was not one of those where he didn't contribute positively. How many times do we have to drum it in to people that this game is not a game won by one player, there are 10 others that have roles to play, and sometimes that includes saving goal bound shots, desperate tackles, blocking shts, running into space to take players away, creating chances, and hell even popping up to score the occasional big goal, like Origi or Wynjaldum.

Barcelona fail as a team; they failed due to a variety of reasons but at the end of teh day they failed because they weren't good enough. Messi is probably the last player you should be blaming.

Same old nonsense.

'A things against Messi' as dare to say he and team underperformed in CL too often.

You cant handle that and try to twist to some strawman about it all being Messis fault.

Rory

Calma.

You dont have a clue what you are on about.

The actual truth is I talk about Messi as any other player and praise/criticise which some folks like you cant handle.

I?ve seen enough of your posts to know that?s not the case. Keep kidding yourself though

Morten

Morten just stated that domestically they were there or thereabouts. Madrid had a very good team, and when they needed to vs better European opposition they were able to step up a gear with their multitude of stars all capable of coming up with a big moment. Barca continually fluffed their lines on these occasions. wtaf are you going on about. youre not listening!

Im not saying it was undeserved, Barca were better domestically, but not to the extent that we deserve to be labeled "CL-merchants".
We had strong domestic showings in 2 out of the 3 Cl-seasons, that is all.

There are fine margins to determine winners and losers, after all, you only lost on away goals to Rome and Liverpool.

sikkboy

Im not saying it was undeserved, Barca were better domestically, but not to the extent that we deserve to be labeled "CL-merchants".
We had strong domestic showings in 2 out of the 3 Cl-seasons, that is all.

There are fine margins to determine winners and losers, after all, you only lost on away goals to Rome and Liverpool.

Takes a Madrista to see it for what it is. :lol: Fair dos! Some in here would have it that Messi was the second incarnation of Satan. it's genuinely baffling!

JamDav1982

Straw man he says as he posts more gibberish. Aye good one that is

Any criticism of Messi as part of team at any point = hate Messi.

Strawman indeed.

Ive seen enough of your posts to know that is about all that get.

Keep repeating it and proving my point. Good lad.

Calma.

JamDav1982

Takes a Madrista to see it for what it is. :lol: Fair dos! Some in here would have it that Messi was the second incarnation of Satan. it's genuinely baffling!

Except he is saying those leagues were close which is what I told you....

Just proves you either dont understand points others make or willingly repeat the same strawman arguments like your chum to points not being made.

Rory

Even Serghei who I have had multiple disagreements with over several months would admit I?ve said multiple negative things about Messi. In fact scroll back a few pages and you?ll see it. An to think you?re accusing me of straw manning?! Have you no shame

sikkboy

WTAF! you said they had a shit squad, and Barca battered them domestically, now you're saying they didn't actually have a shit squad! Make up your mind! :lol: You're all over the place m80. Wast eof time.

And drop your boring references to strawmen, is that your new buzzword now.

JamDav1982

WTAF! you said they had a shit squad, and Barca battered them domestically, now you're saying they didn't actually have a shit squad! Make up your mind! :lol: You're all over the place m80. Wast eof time.

And drop your boring references to strawmen, is that your new buzzword now.

More strawman... never said they 'had shit squad' or 'Barca battered them' other than in a couple of games.

I said Barca were better in league and got better of them in head to head and countered your poor point about Real struggling to beat smaller teams when better results vs Barca/Atletico could have seen them win it.

You are the one all over place who doesnt even know what you are arguing against.

Nice... asking to stop using 'Strawman' in post make a strawman argument.

The buzziest of words which suits you to a tee.

FiReFTW

Football is a team game with 11 players on the pitch, you can't blame 1 player for losing, for example blaming messi for losing to bayern or roma or whatever, 1 player can't do anything, specially if your defense or goalkeeper has a poor game and you receive a ton of goals.

You can however blame Messi for his defeatist attitude and passive attitude, when things are not going his way, he gives up, lowers his head and starts walking around the pitch like a zombie, its a big weakness of his and it always was, but in the past we had Puyol and Xavi and tough players like that who pushed him and our other players... but now in recent years we had nobody, and Messi was our captain for god sakes, an introverted passive person like him lol, a captain should be someone that inspires players and pushes them mentally, like Puyol.

We would most likely still lose all those games in the CL against Roma, Bayern etc... no matter what Messi did, our team just underperformed badly... however if Messi actually fought like a lion, ran like a lion and fought and gave his 110%, nobody would blame him, but now its understandable that people can hold that against him, but the thing is, he just is that kind of person.

Home of Barca Fans