Lionel Messi - v7

BarcaOG

Banned
FACTS.

Best very close or just behind R9, crazy.

total nonsense. in best's era you could be a good dribbler even by being a drunk. he would be way out of his element in modern day football. absolute bollocks. its embarassing to include him in that list along the other names

Messigician

Best was an insane dribbler. Y'all don't know what ya saying I watched him Skin 5 defenders take a bow before scoring most elegant play i ever seen live and by me I mean my father

BarcaOG

Banned
Best was an insane dribbler. Y'all don't know what ya saying I watched him Skin 5 defenders take a bow before scoring most elegant play i ever seen live and by me I mean my father

id take every single player in that list before best. by far. no question. id bench him hard

Givenchy

I wish Font would shut the hell up. Xavi this and Xavi that. Didn't he also say he would have let Messi leave back August? Now, he wants to make Messi the future of the club? This idiot will say anything to get elected. He's another Bartomeu in the making.

not really surprising though

we got stuffed by Bayern 8-2 after 2 prior humiliations on the biggest stage and theres little to no reaction from fans.

weeks later Messi tells the board his intention to leave on a free? fans want Bartos head and storm the offices :lol: its not totally Messi's fault but Barca really is the cult of Messi now

xxxxxx

who's the most paid player at City right now?

Kevin De Bruyne. He's on 350,000 a week. Sterling is next with 300,000 a week. Their salaries aren't that bad all considering. I think they spend about 135m a year on salaries. So, they could easily afford Messi and it still wouldn't hurt them in regards to the FFP.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Kevin De Bruyne. He's on 350,000 a week. Sterling is next with 300,000 a week. Their salaries aren't that bad all considering. I think they spend about 135m a year on salaries. So, they could easily afford Messi and it still wouldn't hurt them in regards to the FFP.

It will never be about not being able to afford him for likes of City. It would be how much that then limits them in relation to FFP.

As it stands they could not just add him to squad and afford him and they wont pay for him in January I dont think as you have said before.

Laplacian

How is Pele not mentioned on that list? Look at all his 50s-60s videos, dude had the acceleration and skill comparable to that of modern footballers.

Daniele

How is Pele not mentioned on that list? Look at all his 50s-60s videos, dude had the acceleration and skill comparable to that of modern footballers.

Obviously I thought it was a ranking of players we have seen play. How do you do watching the videos on youtube !?:jason2:

Laplacian

Obviously I thought it was a ranking of players we have seen play. How do you do watching the videos on youtube !?:jason2:

Yeah no, I've seen the age demographics here. A good portion of us are in our early 20s, most of us aren't old enough to have watched R9 play in his prime (I wasn't even alive) let alone old enough to have fucking watched Garrincha, Maradona, and Best play. A lot of the commenters that replied certainly didn't watch them. Lmao

xxxxxx

It will never be about not being able to afford him for likes of City. It would be how much that then limits them in relation to FFP.

As it stands they could not just add him to squad and afford him and they wont pay for him in January I dont think as you have said before.

I think they'll offload Mahrez in the summer.... or maybe in January if Messi comes. I'm not sure if they'll get him in January or not, but they could easily afford him and it won't affect them in regards to the FFP all that much, especially if they offload Mahrez.

It doesn't matter in any case..... Messi could easily sign a pre-contract in January and sign for City for free in the summer. Font cannot do anything about that, so I have no clue why he's going on about Messi winning the Champions League in the future with Barcelona. He knows damn well that we're miles away from the Champions League, and he can't expect a 34-year-old Messi to carry us like he used to.

JamDav1982

I think they'll offload Mahrez in the summer.... or maybe in January if Messi comes. I'm not sure if they'll get him in January or not, but they could easily afford him and it won't affect them in regards to the FFP all that much, especially if they offload Mahrez.

It doesn't matter in any case..... Messi could easily sign a pre-contract in January and sign for City for free in the summer. Font cannot do anything about that, so I have no clue why he's going on about Messi winning the Champions League in the future with Barcelona. He knows damn well that we're miles away from the Champions League, and he can't expect a 34-year-old Messi to carry us like he used to.

You keep saying 'doesnt impact them in terms of FFP' when it does.

They would be paying a fee and potentially huge wages which limits them in FFP going forward.

The impact of Messi at 34 and what he brings on what he takes up in FFP will be their biggest concern and they wont pay for him in January.

xxxxxx

You keep saying 'doesnt impact them in terms of FFP' when it does.

They would be paying a fee and potentially huge wages which limits them in FFP going forward.

The impact of Messi at 34 and what he brings on what he takes up in FFP will be their biggest concern and they wont pay for him in January.

We'll see. You and I have no clue what's going to happen between Messi, City and Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans