Lionel Messi - v7

Vilarrubi

While we are at it, Chelsea should have gotten at least four penalties in 2009 and should have qualified to the final. And in 2011 Van Persie got unjustly send off. Had he stayed on the pitch, surely he would have scored at least once and the game as a whole would have been more even. And had Robben and Ribery been fit in 2015..... We can go to all different ways with these! ��

:lol: :lol:

Cry more.

tenor.gif

Blackened

Love to see folks still crying about that game. :lol: There were decisions against both teams, and there were plenty of decisions that were correct too.

Your post reads like you hate Barca, which is a bit odd.
Not at all. Just saying that the ball is round and anything can happen.

sikkboy

That was the moment we should have blown up the team. We are one year too late now and it's a mess.

I mean, all these away trashings we got.. should have raised some questions for the board but they didn't react fast enough.n

You could argue there were many seminal moments over the past 6 yrs tbqh but inevitably the team would pull a rabbit out the hat and it would all be forgotten. But yes, they were truly done after that game. Messi put a hell of a lot of physical and emotional effort into that season - he deserved his Bd'Or, unquestinably. Any wonder that he's not feeing it after all that has happened, on & off te pitch over the past 16 months.

He's obviously lost the sparkle in front of goal but there's still obviously more than enough to the rest of his game to show any potential suitors that if you play him with the right forwards he'll serve it on a plate.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Not really. We were quite bad, but had weak opponents in CL. We got lucky vs Liverpool too. Especially Camp Nou. I guess you could say we got unlucky at anfield but after our multiple trashings in away CL matches, can't really put it to bad luck.

I know what you mean, youre right but I mean even werent on top level we managed to win 4-2 against Tottenham, 5-1 against Lyon, 4-2 in Sevilla, 3-0 against manu and 3-0 against Liverpool but of course most of them were also Messi's brilliance.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

While we are at it, Chelsea should have gotten at least four penalties in 2009 and should have qualified to the final. And in 2011 Van Persie got unjustly send off. Had he stayed on the pitch, surely he would have scored at least once and the game as a whole would have been more even. And had Robben and Ribery been fit in 2015..... We can go to all different ways with these! 🙂

2011 and 2015 we were miles better. Even prime Robben und RIbery couldnt stop us.

FinBarcelonafan

I know what you mean, youre right but I mean even werent on top level we managed to win 4-2 against Tottenham, 5-1 against Lyon, 4-2 in Sevilla, 3-0 against manu and 3-0 against Liverpool but of course most of them were also Messi's brilliance.

I think those teams matched us well(tactically and style wise). Liverpool was always going to give us hard time with their pressing.

feggydinho

While we are at it, Chelsea should have gotten at least four penalties in 2009 and should have qualified to the final. And in 2011 Van Persie got unjustly send off. Had he stayed on the pitch, surely he would have scored at least once and the game as a whole would have been more even. And had Robben and Ribery been fit in 2015..... We can go to all different ways with these! 🙂

tbh, We were quite lucky against Chelsea in 2009, I can't deny that. But then Chelsea was also lucky against us in 2012.

feggydinho

Christ so many of these candidates are simps for Messi. He's 33 and a half lmao, can't score, and these guys still want to build a team around him. Small club mentality, unwilling to move past a legend.

it's possible that he still racks in investment (that's the only reason that comes to mind rn)

eaman

Christ so many of these candidates are simps for Messi. He's 33 and a half lmao, can't score, and these guys still want to build a team around him. Small club mentality, unwilling to move past a legend.

Even though he's not scoring at the moment he still creates loads of chances and that's something city look a little short of this season

feggydinho

Even though he's not scoring at the moment he still creates loads of chances and that's something city look a little short of this season

City?s KDB has created 14 changes with 12 key passes in contrast to Messi?s 6 for this season. City probably needs a good finisher

eaman

City?s KDB has created 14 changes with 12 key passes in contrast to Messi?s 6 for this season. City probably needs a good finisher

Ok but put the two of them together and you get even more. But city have looked alot less creative in a few games this season than they usually do. Also I'm sure messi would have created more if he wasnt trying so hard to get that first goal from open play for the season

CatalinR10

Valverde tactics during his time here :

,, guys you can do whatever you want in the trainings , speak to me however you want to , older players get to play all the time but we switch to 4-4-2 and pray to God that Messi saves us all the time "

If Messi wasn't on his level or wouldn't play for us at all , we would be happy to get out of the Europa league group stages. Our midfield would get run over every time , our deffence a joke , who would pull us in attack 95% of the season like Messi did ? Suarez ?

LMAO.

Valverde one of the worst coaches Barcelona ever had who provided 2 of the most humiliating defeats in the CL. He won't coach a top team anytime soon.

Morten

Ok but put the two of them together and you get even more. But city have looked alot less creative in a few games this season than they usually do. Also I'm sure messi would have created more if he wasnt trying so hard to get that first goal from open play for the season

Well, maybe in total, but KDB wouldnt create as much anymore, instead of a through-ball he would simply pass it to Messi.

CatalinR10

yeah yeah , Chelsea with their bilion penalties not received that game.

they should have gotten 2 penaldos , not 5.

we got Abidal sent off with a red for a dive from a Chelsea player.

While you're at it , go count all the decisions against Barca in the same period and we'll talk then.

BBZ8800

City looks bad because Pep's teams get figured out after 3-4 seasons and since his style is still good old TikiTaka with 2-3 new additions, there are no new tactical options for him.
So, the only way Pep and City can go = is down.

About Messi, no offense, but he would "ruin" any big club with his current level of performances.
He is bringing a tactical mess, Messipendencia, teams get onedimensional, he doesn't defend, he doesn't run, he doesn't move off the ball.

He brings 100 cons in this moment and only a few pros in this moment: a good pass here and there and a goal here and there.

He is done at the top level.
He could dominate only in Usa or Argentina.
But even there, only for a few Months.

His body, legs and motivation are gone.

There is no way back.

Home of Barca Fans