Lionel Messi - v7

FinBarcelonafan

No, Abidal was spoking in regards to the firing of Valverde. So he clearly believed it was the fault of the manager. Messi didn't like that other players' complaints were considered more in the decision to sack EV, than the veterans' support.

That's what the issue was. A manager that the Amigos backed was sacked, and Messi vented his frustration on social media.

Not much different than his post from today.

To be honest, Abidal was spot on and that pissed off the team/Messi.. Players were lazy.

malvolio

It means he is no more a captain material, he is now a new amigo.
Sell :suarez:

eto'o got in on the act, the plot thickens :tata:

setoo9

Hijo,
La elegancia no se COMPRA.
Cuidate y piensa en ti❤️

so we have FDJ and etoo as amigos, for sure. world is crumbling

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
eto'o got in on the act, the plot thickens :tata:

setoo9

Hijo,
La elegancia no se COMPRA.
Cuidate y piensa en ti❤️

so we have FDJ and etoo as amigos, for sure. world is crumbling

Of course former players are "amigos". They don't know how the current dressing room works and will support their friends even if they are wrong. Dumb take.

serghei

What did carlos say

'In the second game of the league season we had the custom of leaving our bags in the hotel and going for a beer or a wine before dinner.

'There were always two bottles of wine on the table. Ronaldo and me told him [Luxemburgo]: "Professor, people here have their habits, you'll see what they are, but don't try to change them. Don't take the wine off the table or stop the beers before dinner or you'll find yourself with a problem."

'What did he do? First, he took away the wine, then he banned the beers. He lasted three months. Football is a small world, the directors heard about it and it was adios.'

Among other things.

Basically, a group of select veterans, all legends and with a lot of weight in the locker-room, decided how approaching games and training should be done. The manager either goes with the program or those players go against him trying to get him sacked.

Guess what happened to the Galacticos? They started to get stuffed in the CL year after year. Roma and Liverpool also among their disasters. Just like in our case.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

'In the second game of the league season we had the custom of leaving our bags in the hotel and going for a beer or a wine before dinner.

'There were always two bottles of wine on the table. Ronaldo and me told him [Luxemburgo]: "Professor, people here have their habits, you'll see what they are, but don't try to change them. Don't take the wine off the table or stop the beers before dinner or you'll find yourself with a problem."

'What did he do? First, he took away the wine, then he banned the beers. He lasted three months. Football is a small world, the directors heard about it and it was adios.'

Among other things.

Sounds very familiar haha. I assume Setien tried the same.

malvolio

Of course former players are "amigos". They don't know how the current dressing room works and will support their friends even if they are wrong. Dumb take.

i like that you're treating this stuff as serious business. :lol:

but how the hell eto'o, who was also kicked out of the club, wouldn't know how things go? are you that stupid or just write shit to follow up on the amigos agenda?

serghei

Sounds very familiar haha. I assume Setien tried the same.

No doubt. Probably not to that incredible level, but I'm sure some of the tensions were due to Setien and his staff disturbing the lazy habits of our veterans. That's always the case when a group of players has the power to get managers sacked.

That's how things were with this board and some players. There's very little doubt at this point, for me at least.

jairzinho

Spot on. The club also donated them insane contracts. They were taken care of too well and got spoiled.

This is like wake up call to reality for them.

Exactly. Too much entitlement. For a long time, some of the seniors thought they were virtually untouchable. That they would continue to be played and payed irrespective of on field performances. That type of shit has to stop.

I don't get what Messi is upset about. Suarez has declined and he was on massive wages. It is highly unrealistic to keep him here, from both a sporting and a financial perspective.

Devils

Neymar, Alves and Eto'o taking shots at the board by commenting on Leo's post lol.

Never a dull day at this club, dawg.

Home of Barca Fans