Lionel Messi .v. Cristiano Ronaldo

ricknattery

Well that's a bit silly, considering the biggest difference in that game was Iniesta-Xavi (and Busquets to a lesser extent) completely dominating our midfield, not Messi.

One would think it's not unlikely that Ronaldo too would have had a great game if roles had been reversed, and he'd been given the space we allowed Messi.

Ronaldo doesn't have Messi's vision, those great assists(the ones that look xaviesque) or the cooperation with his teammates in defense. That's what the whole world saw in that game

Pepe Silvia

Ronaldo fans are delusional groupies if they still think he is better than Messi. There are no facts supporting that.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Not really, because Ronaldo isn't nearly as good of a passer as Messi. Messi was not Barcelona's best player that day but his passes to Villa were extremely dangerous.

I'll give Ronaldo the benefit of the doubt for the following reasons:
-Benzema isn't exactly Villa.
-He didn't have fullbacks with mental disabilities guarding him all match the way Villa did.

But I never have seen Ronaldo make long passes that accurate. He's a good passer mind you, but it's not his strong point.

Anyway I hate this topic because Xavi is better than both of them.

You of all people do not need to be diplomatic. Ronaldo is not a good passer, his crosses are garbage. He is a decent passer at best.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
You of all people do not need to be diplomatic. Ronaldo is not a good passer, his crosses are garbage. He is a decent passer at best.

The problem is most passers in Madrid are shit, if anything he's above average for that team. I wouldn't not want him on my team doing anything but run and take powerful shots though. With his strength and speed he doesn't have to be an elite passer to be an efficient one.

Messi is still much, much more technically skilled.

Last edited:

gingerless

when a player disappears in a game it's because he's shit, when he shines in one it's because the other team's marking/defending was shit. yup.

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
Sometimes I wonder if you even watch Madrid.

Anyway, it's not like Messi was making crosses in el clasico.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam

how dare u!!!!!!!!!!!!!! messi's crosses are orgasmic....nuff said...dont u ever insult messi again!!!!!!!!!! u hear me!!!!!!!!!!!

J

Jordzibob

The 4th goal, Messi's pass, and the third one, speak for themselves. You ever see Ronaldo doing that? You coudlnt move him into the centre of the pitch and have him dominate like Messi did, he's primarily a goalscorer, Messi just showed another level to his game that Ronaldo doesnt have.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

I watch them all the time man but Ronaldo is not a good passer of the ball, just because he comes up with a good assist every once in a while does not mean he is anywhere near consistent in distributing the ball. About 90% of crosses from outside the box from either the right or left hit the marker, off target or easily cleared out. He is good at running with the ball, beating his marker and then make a short pass to a near by player.

J

Jordzibob

Doesnt he normally just decide to cut inside and shoot himself instead of passing it?

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
The 4th goal, Messi's pass, and the third one, speak for themselves. You ever see Ronaldo doing that?
yes.

Ronaldo in Messi's place in el clasico would dominate just like Messi did, there is little doubt in my mind.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
Ronaldo is not even on Leo's level/planet/solar system. aside from being a technically superior player, I cannot count the times I've seen Messi track back to the defensive third of the pitch, win the ball that was lost in attacking third of the pitch, make an outlet pass to Xavi that starts a counter-attack that leads to a goal/scoring chance cuz he ran back to the attacking third from the defensive third. I can count how many times Cristiano has done that though: zero. He's usually too busy throwing a hissy fit at the ref to do something that team-oriented.

case closed. somebody close this thread. it's an insult to Leo to be even compared to Cristiano.

dalitis8

Banned
Ronaldo is not even on Leo's level/planet/solar system. aside from being a technically superior player, I cannot count the times I've seen Messi track back to the defensive third of the pitch, win the ball that was lost in attacking third of the pitch, make an outlet pass to Xavi that starts a counter-attack that leads to a goal/scoring chance cuz he ran back to the attacking third from the defensive third. I can count how many times Cristiano has done that though: zero. He's usually too busy throwing a hissy fit at the ref to do something that team-oriented.

case closed. somebody close this thread. it's an insult to Leo to be even compared to Cristiano.

:goodpost:

Home of Barca Fans