Ligue 1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
FFS how do Lyon not lead by two or three goals here. Areola MOTM so far(apart from that one moment of hesitation).

gregorrin10

All Cules should be watching this...tonight is the biggest indicator yet for those who think our tie with Lyon is gonna be a walk in the park. With a bum like Valverde on the bench, I wouldn't be surprised if another 'Rome' happens, i give us the edge only because we're playing the 2nd leg home. Rakitic and Busquets cannot start together, Ndombele and Aouar are gonna rip them apart with their energy and pace.

Andresito

Staff member
Very entertaining game. Lyon are very brave in attack.

PSG's midfield is laughable. Cavani and Mbappé not clicking at all either.

DonAK

All Cules should be watching this...tonight is the biggest indicator yet for those who think our tie with Lyon is gonna be a walk in the park. With a bum like Valverde on the bench, I wouldn't be surprised if another 'Rome' happens, i give us the edge only because we're playing the 2nd leg home. Rakitic and Busquets cannot start together, Ndombele and Aouar are gonna rip them apart with their energy and pace.

Lyon is a very athletic team which is why they beat out Man City too. They have pace and agility in every position in their team. Which is why their transition game is so good. They're able to get the ball out very quickly and are very dangerous on counter-attacks.

We have two of the slowest midfielders in the World in our starting lineup. That said their defence opens up a lot so they can be exploited, but I hope Valverde doesn't do something stupid. Dembele absolutely have to start and Rakitic and Busquets need to play very well and don't go AWOL.

Newcomer

Not really.
We have no midfield so it is easy for them to create chances.
Verratti is the core to make our defence and our midfield click together and Neymar is the key to make the transition between midfield and attack.

What you see is just a very imbalanced team that is getting exposed.

Your team has more balance with the kind of Vidal, Rakitic, Arthur.

soul24rage

Very true. I never thought it would be easy vs Lyon. Lyon can cause us lots of problems on the counter. We have to be on our toes and counter press them really well. Semedo has to play in this tie to deal with those pace; rakitic and busi will 100% play this game cuz they're EV's favorites.

DonAK

Not really.
Verratti is the core to make our defence and our midfield click together and Neymar is the key to make the transition between midfield and attack.

That is true, but if Barcelona go with a slow lineup by playing Coutinho instead of Dembele and Rakitic and Busquets start doing dumb shit as they've done in the CL in recent couple of years Lyon are more than capable of hurting them.

Making comebacks all the time is exhausting so I would prefer Barca get a positive result in the away game instead of having to rely on making yet another comeback at home.

Newcomer

A game where there is no structure, end to end goal chances is entertaining but reveal a poor quality of football as well.

gregorrin10

Not really.

Your team has more balance with the kind of Vidal, Rakitic, Arthur.

If EV starts Rakitic-Busquets-Vidal again, we have a worse midfield than PSG tonight. I could totally see us losing like 3-1 in the 1st leg that way.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we lost by a couple of goals in the away game so we have to make another one of those comebacks in the home leg. Then proceed to get eliminated in the next round. I just know already that all of Roberto, Pique, Raki and Busi will start and teams with a bit of pace will run right through us with ease. How do I know this? Because it’s the same shit for the last 3-4 seasons now. Absolutely fed up with it.

Givenchy

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we lost by a couple of goals in the away game so we have to make another one of those comebacks in the home leg. Then proceed to get eliminated in the next round. I just know already that all of Roberto, Pique, Raki and Busi will start and teams with a bit of pace will run right through us with ease. How do I know this? Because it’s the same shit for the last 3-4 seasons now. Absolutely fed up with it.

Lyon will be Rome 2.0

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Solskjaer jumped on a plane to Lyon to watch this game in person, I hope Valverde and his people are watching too.

Home of Barca Fans