Ligue 1

Jair Ventura

Lyon was amazing tonight, that kid Fekhir is not bad at all :)

I think Fekir is already one of the better attacking mids in the world. Lyon is a talented bunch all around tbh, I expect them to have a going showing in the UCL next season should they keep Lacazette/Fekir. It'd be great for the league if they do.

Also, how many games are left in the Ligue 1 ? And how does this setup PSG for the title ? They're tied in points with Lyon having a better GD.. agreed PSG have a game more to play, but we can't assume they'll win all remaining games, Ligue1 is certainly very unstable at the top this year..

6, I think? But, with the toughest part of their schedule behind them while also getting back a few key players from injury I think PSG is in the best position to close out the season atop the league. You're right though, nothing is a certainty.

Fekir is impressive. Lyon is filled with talents, hopefully some of them will blossom with the NT.
Rooting for PSG, Lyon and Monaco to get the CL spots.

Agreed with the bottom. Hoping Marseille secures the Europa spot as I believe them good enough to win the tournament.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Juvens pls......

Is there a French player or a player in Ligue 1 you don't hype up to crazy levels? :lol:

Jair Ventura

Supposedly Valencia have signed Thauvin from Marseille fir 14m....is he any good?

France loses yet another promising young talent. Shame how out of shape Marseille's finances are, and just when I thought they were getting back to annually competing for the league title.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
So basically OM will be loosing Thauvin, Dédé Gignac and André Ayew this summer ?

If Fekhir and Lacazette end up leaving too, big quality blow to the Ligue1.

Thauvin probably produced the highlight of the ligue1 last week.
[gfy]RareConventionalIndigowingedparrot[/gfy]

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

So basically OM will be loosing Thauvin, Dédé Gignac and André Ayew this summer ?

Sounds like it, sadly. Gignac will probably stall in France though.

If Fekhir and Lacazette end up leaving too, big quality blow to the Ligue1.

Don't think Fekir and Lacazette are going anywhere but to the champions league with Lyon.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Sounds like it, sadly. Gignac will probably stall in France though.

Don't think Fekir and Lacazette are going anywhere but to the champions league with Lyon.

What clubs is gignac linked with most in france ?

And yeah I can see fekir/lacaz staying one more year, Lyon has a nice squad to compete in the CL, but if they confirm their talent with another good season I doubt they'll resist the call if a big epl/liga club comes..

Bertus

It was announced that the Goal Line Technology will be used in Ligue 1 starting next season.

Originally dismissed because the costs were too high, Frédéric Thiriez, LFP's president, announced that thanks to the costs being lower than expected, all the stadiums of the clubs that will compete in Ligue 1 will be equiped with the Goal Line Technology.

Jair Ventura

What clubs is gignac linked with most in france ?

Not sure tbh. Haven't come across much regarding where he'll end up, just a hunch.

And yeah I can see fekir/lacaz staying one more year, Lyon has a nice squad to compete in the CL, but if they confirm their talent with another good season I doubt they'll resist the call if a big epl/liga club comes..

I think you could be right, but I think the emergence of PSG and Monaco in France has pushed Lyon to try and reclaim some of the glory they'd achieved in the 00's. That means competing for league titles, regular UCL appearances, and continental visibility via their success but they cannot do that by selling their best players. They're also opening a new stadium next season and need to fill those seats

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Shocking display from Marseille so far 0-2 at Velodrome vs. relegation candidates Lorient. What's worse, their former player Ayew scored.

Home of Barca Fans