Liga strike

StarLord

It wont happen just imagine the amount of law suits they would end up facing from teams who got relegated or those who missed out on a european place it would cost them millions. But on a bright side for them they wouldnt have to worry about bilbao and barca booing the national anthem in copa final

Not to mention the TV rights companies, sponsors, fans, the reputation of the league all over the world etc etc etc...

frog-fcb

Yup it would be a complete disaster for them both financially and reputation wise id say by about wednesday of mext week they will have something sorted

BBZ8800

It wont happen just imagine the amount of law suits they would end up facing from teams who got relegated or those who missed out on a european place it would cost them millions. But on a bright side for them they wouldnt have to worry about bilbao and barca booing the national anthem in copa final

Similar things happened in NBA and NHL, and the world survived.

About lawsuits, highly unlikely.
More or less any organization has an option in it's statute that in a case of unexpected events, they can arrange things differently than usual, according to an unexpected situation.

So, about lawsuits, I highly doubt that it would happen.
All clubs and all teams know that things like this can happen.

Still, I don't believe that there will be a strike, both sides are just trying to get into better positions with this threats.
But even if the la liga will be cancelled, nothing "spectacular" (imo), won't happen.

Some teams will slightly whine and that's it.

frog-fcb

But do you not think a team who got relegated while still having a chance of survival wouldnt sue for loss of money from staying in league or a team who could make cl potentially losing out on about 50 million then the tv companies who have paid millions for the right to show the games not to mention fans having to be reimbursed

raskolnikov

The main reason why i'm not worried at all is because it would cost to much money.
It will probably all be sorted out on time.

Rahj

the commentator on laola1.tv said that, if the strike happens, the last two games will not be played. is this correct?

Stric

the commentator on laola1.tv said that, if the strike happens, the last two games will not be played. is this correct?

I heard another commentator say that. Apparently, if the games don't happen when they're supposed to, they won't happen at all, because regulations don't allow games to be played later than their original dates.

barcanuck

Well this is one way to stop the MSN - just cancel the games! Nice job Royal Federation. Making sure Real is healing their wounds for their only hope the CL.

Kohe321

The LFP and AFE has been called into the high court of Spain on Wednesday at 10:30 where it will finally be decided if the strike is on or not.

Last edited:

StarLord

The main reason why i'm not worried at all is because it would cost to much money.
It will probably all be sorted out on time.

Precisely.

Spanish football stands tons of money (which it can ill-afford) and lots of credibility as well. The games will be played as planned.

M

monamou

The LFP and AFE has been called into the high court of Spain on Wednesday at 10:30 where it will finally be decided if the strike is on or not.
I hope they get it all sorted out. Couldn't stand that if we missed on the treble because the cdr final is cancelled...

Home of Barca Fans