Liga | Round 20: Real Betis - FC Barcelona 1-1

Vilarrubi

The thing is Madrid has not won La Liga since 2012. That's 5 years ago. It's about time they win it and the ref, as well as the LPF know it.

Yes imagine the headlines, "Zidane wins La Liga" That is LFP's goal.

And all the refs mistakes and corruption will be forgotten.

serghei

Yes imagine the headlines, "Zidane wins La Liga" That is LFP's goal.

And all the refs mistakes and corruption will be forgotten.

I'll watch Madrid - Sociedad tonight to see what they come up with this time. Maybe they will give RM a penalty for verbal abuse from Sociedad's players.

Sorin

That's outside the point. In a league campaign it is very important to win the games when the game is not working. We weren't able to win those games because of some embarassing decisions from the refs. Which games we lost important points in? Malaga at home, correct goal dissallowed, Villareal away, 2 pens. not given. Betis away, multiple decisions against us. There are about 10 points which we lost only because the refs fucked us over. I'm not talking about playing great, but about winning the points in stake. We can do that without playing high level of football.

It is clear that this is not our best football. Should that automatically mean we need to lose points because of the refs decisions? No. If that was the case, and Madrid would have been robbed everytime they played poorly, then they would have as many points as us.

You know why it's so frustrating blaming the refs for our poor play? Because we also have been favored here and there. Ex: vs Real Sociedad when we had no business winning a point there. Real Madrid(i fucking loath this with all my being) had a call for a penalty at 0-0 in the first half. Then another one in the second period. Sure we also had one in the first half but they had it first and when we played poorly w/o Iniesta a one goal would have been very important for them in the first half.

Overall yes, we have been on the wrong side of the refs, but we know that we have to overcome them in the end to win and that is out of our control. That has been clear since the time of Franco. What lays in our power is to play too good for the refs to make a difference. However we are in complete disarray and that is happening for almost a year now. That is not down to the fecking refs. Time and time again we have been lackluster and were at the mercy of the other team that the ref problems were secondary for me. And that should also be the case with the bench staff and the board. Fecking resolve the shit that is in your power and after that complain about the corrupt refs.

serghei

You can't play 'too good for the refs to make a difference' all the time. Sometimes you have to accept that this season in the league we need some luck to win it. And that season is the exact season when the refs are murdering us. I'm not a fan of conspiration theories, but this is too fucking much. We're not talking about a foul not given here and there, I'm talking about the refs basically robbing us.

I want to see refs murdering Madrid tonight and the next round, and the next round. Then everything is still possible in La Liga. But it just won't happen.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

If Madrid were robbed like this you wouldnt hear the end of it. Yet if it happens to us every week its "lol uefalona complaining with their inferioritycomplex towards Madrid". Board needsto speak out on this.

Centauri B

By 2012, Real had gone through 3 seasons watching us win 3 consecutive leagues (plus 2 CLs) The refs did everything they could to help them to the La Liga title.

By 2017, they haven't won a single league since 2012, even though they had great success in Europe. Spanish refs seem hellbent on ending Real's Liga drought yet again.

Sorin

Maybe, still I am sick and tired of teams tacking us to the cleaners every other game. The games when we dominate and play better than the other team are the exception nowadays ffs. And it's not solely this season that this is happening either. We are playing like shit for a fecking year now. We spent hundred of millions to serve up the same flaming shit over and over. It's simply unforgivable the state of the team right now. Corrupt refs or not.

That to me is more alarming than refs screwing up since that is expected at this point. We being shit is not.

God Serena

A shame that we need this technology for a ball that is 1m over the line.

As a referee I can say calls like that are almost impossible to make in the heat of the moment. Everything is happening so fast and you have to watch offsides, however many attackers/defenders are in your final third, the keeper himself, the ball, and watch for a goal kick/corner, all at the same time. Those instances where the ball is cleared from behind the line usually involve the ball only being there for a fraction of a second so it's very easy to miss. There's a reason goal line technology is used specifically for the purpose of helping the referee determine what is and isn't a goal, and nothing else.

Granted, the center should have definitely called a penalty right before that, so...

dostoevskij

if you watch the replay, you can clearly see hernandez wants to blow the wistle right after that ball went 1 meter after the goal line, but suddenly reconsiders it and let play on.

MIXA

It's really frustrating to know that you always have to play a few levels above your opponent in order to win when your main rivals can play average football and still achieve the same result. I know that Barca were horrible today but many champions have won titles by winning these types of games. Really shameful performance from the refs.

Sevilla just got their ass handed to them. Beaten 3-1 by Espanyol.

Anyone here hoping Real will lose at the Bernabéu tonight? :)

Home of Barca Fans