Liga | Round 11: Sevilla FC - FC Barcelona 1-2

Antimilan

Logically thinking we end up losing this match. It will be like vs City or Celta.
Maybe if we have some luck we can win it. Sevilla will counter constantly and since our defence sucks its probably smart to sit back ourselfs and flipping their tactics onto them.

Just to let you know, Sevilla's counter attack is almost non-existent with the new coach. Sevilla is having an average of 60% possession in every match so far this season and it's all about keeping the ball and building the play. Of course, vs. Barca this cannot be done with ease, but Sevilla won't rely only on counters that's for sure.

gatsu

This season we are struggling against teams applying high pressing and we are facing sampoli one of the best coachs in this department.

With Alba out and ALves not here anymore we have less technical players on the wings, thus less options to build under organized pressing.

Except from a lucky counter or Sevilla underperforming (unlikely), I don't see us winning, or even getting a draw.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cules not very optimistic about this match but it's understandable considering our form.

Let's see if boys turn up the show on Saturday. Loss vs. City is bound to fire them up.

Barcilliant

Well... Noone expected Lucho to win this much trophies in first 2 seasons so anything can happen.

I am worried about what will happen once Messi is gone. There will be noone to bail us out. We abandoned the system and going back to Barca roots won't be easy with this set of Lucho's players.

Pep left a mentally drained team but good system in place and great squad to work with. He was helped to still have great Xavi and Iniesta but whatever the case, we were in better shape than we will be when Lucho leaves.

Pep left us with a weaker squad then he inherited.

He got rid of all the taller,stronger players and got Alexis, Cesc and Alexis. We got smashed by Bayern the following season. Also Peps Style took a toll on our players and everything was centered around Messi. Opponents had figured us out and Pep knew the game was up.

We also had one plan. Plan A. It worked great 90 percent of the time but we had our problems with parked buses,

At least Lucho brought some variation.

raskolnikov

I always think Pep decided to jump ship after the cl semi vs Chelsea. I was dissapointed in him. Its like ending a relationship the moment you hit a rough patch. Was hoping for him to be our Ferguson.

serghei

Confident we will bounce back in style on Sunday

I'm counting on that. Team is filled with talent, we just have to be more sharp and to keep a more cohesive shape. Lucho should lay off with the heavy rotations imo for a while at least. I'd personally start the exact same team we started vs City.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Squad was joined by six reserve players today in training — Marlon, Nili, Mujica, Moisés, Borja and Sarsanedas.

Cool

Yeah, I liked the Gomes I saw against City, I think at this point Gomes is better suited to play Iniesta's role until the don comes back.

Home of Barca Fans