Liga Round 10: Barca - Athletic Bilbao 1-0

JohnN

Another kid saves us. We are more like a hospital than a team at this point. WTF is wrong with the squad.
PS. League master, secrete genius E.V. won't get a better chance to beat Barcelona. Still failing badly. And we had plenty of chances to smash them too, unfortunate.

ajnotkeith

Another erratic, messed up performance and tactical plan by Xavi.
No news

My two cents that he is going to throw a shitload of excuses (injuries etc) in the post-match presser
He doesn't really have to excuse winning a tight away game against Bilbao this time. We did the job.

FinBarcelonafan

Another kid saves us. We are more like a hospital than a team at this point. WTF is wrong with the squad.
PS. League master, secrete genius E.V. won't get a better chance to beat Barcelona. Still failing badly. And we had plenty of chances to smash them too, unfortunate.
Young prospects coming through like this? It's impressive. LaMasia is producing some good stuff lately..

Birdy

He doesn't really have to excuse winning a tight away game against Bilbao this time. We did the job.
*home game
More like the excuse one uses in order to downplay criticism of performance, not of result.
"we suffered, we had injuries, etc, but we managed to win the game"

Next week if we lose Classico, it will be the same mood/pattern only some sentences will change.
"we are losing key pieces through injuries, we were unlucky, we lost the game" line

JohnN

We are far from fine structurally. Our movement synchronization has regressed. patterns to create space have regressed.
Perhaps because of new players joining and many others missing. I am not sure, but this Classico I am not at all confident. I will be surprised if we play like this and they don't 3-0 us.

Porque

I think we are being a bit harsh. A lot of players are missing.
Yes, not the best tactics, as per usual, but if we get a win here in a tough ground its most we can ask for with so many good players out.

Good post. We won in the end.

Only thing I got to ask though, it's going to be a loooooong season if our home stadium is a tough ground.

ajnotkeith

*home game
More like the excuse one uses in order to downplay criticism of performance, not or result.
"we suffered, we had injuries, etc, but we managed to win the game"

Next week if we lose Classico, it will be the same mood/pattern only some sentences will change.
"we are losing key pieces through injuries, we were unlucky, we lost the game" line
I keep forgetting we are on Montjuic this season lol.

Well, to be fair, we do have a lot of important players out, if we can get a draw in El Clasico and keep winning games, he can get a pass for shit play for now.

ajnotkeith

Expect more from Gundogan, much more. At the moment, he's more Ilkay Turan than Gundogan.
This system we use doesn't really display individual quality much. We plug in a lot of insanely talented players and all of them end up being cogs. Its not that kind of system where a player can shine with the exception of the right winger.

Conservative ball with few risks.

Birdy

Expect more from Gundogan, much more. At the moment, he's more Ilkay Turan than Gundogan.
Xavi's specialty to get a 5 out of an 8 or 9 player.
We see the same with almost the whole squad, with Cancelo, Felix, Raphina, Ferran, Gavi, even Kounde and Balde can play better under a better coach.
Only Dembele shone in his system

Just the opposite of Klopp, whose specialty is to get a 8 out of a 5 player.

Home of Barca Fans