Liga l Round 5: FC Barcelona - Atletico de Madrid 1-1

FC B

The Atletico goal was a lucky one, both Piqué and Mascherano stumbled. An opportunistic goal, but it still counts.

Borbalan let the fk be executed very rapidly and for reasons I can't figure out it cought Barca's defence by surprise...

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
One thing I'm kind of pissed off at is how the ref allowed Atletico to play the ball on the goal when they had a man down on the field, while he was being an idiot over the ball rolling when we tried to play it quickly :facepalm:

Vilarrubi

I felt it was a standard game against them until the injuries, we were the only ones creating chances against a tough defence. I'm sure we would have won without the injuries too we were just unlucky.

Asylum15

I have to say, I'm very very disappointed with Neymar today.

Saw SkySports do an article this week about his ''showboating'' etc, and I defended him, but his bullshit tonight with holding the ball too long was ridiculous.

It's like he thinks drawing fouls, and getting others booked, somehow reflects positively on him, or more importantly the team? We needed to score a 2nd, not make Atleti 'look' like an unfair team with fouls.

He really wound me up tonight.

Devils

I missed the second half but WTF? How is it that Messi was subbed and Correa scored and we still didn't bring on Paco?

WTF?

F

Flavia

Messi and Suarez chose the worst game to be underpar. And enrique should had tried Paco with Suarez upfront, a 4-4-2 or something, not play Arda, who isn't a goal scorer.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I missed the second half but WTF? How is it that Messi was subbed and Correa scored and we still didn't bring on Paco?

WTF?

I guess we only bought Paco to give rest to Suarez in some matches and not as a genuine option from the bench.

If so, we massively overpaid as we would be better off with a lampost such as Crouch as B option or just Munir who was good enough to play against half of our opponents in la liga.

We almost snatched a win with headers tonight btw.

FC B

Messi and Suarez chose the worst game to be underpar. And enrique should had tried Paco with Suarez upfront, a 4-4-2 or something, not play Arda, who isn't a goal scorer.

They were forced to be silent by tactics and individual quality from Atletico players and ofc not one of those good days, Neymar wasn't excepted from this either.

Devils

I guess we only bought Paco to give rest to Suarez in some matches and not as a genuine option from the bench.

If so, we massively overpaid as we would be better off with a lampost such as Crouch as B option or just Munir who was good enough to play against half of our opponents in la liga.

We almost snatched a win with headers tonight btw.

Honestly, I will be a bit worried if Paco is benched while Messi is out. That wouldn't be a good sign at all.

Home of Barca Fans