Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi's replacement

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Temptation

"You'll never walk alone"

Every club has these gimmicks and tribal mantras

They're all various degrees of cringeworthy
Not the same thing is it?

That's a club song fans sing during home games which symbolises the romance, history and legacy of the club.

What do chants and songs have to do with administrative decisions at board level which can have impact on the on-field performances of the team in the long and short run?

Rival coaches like Mourinho and Wenger have called it the most hauntingly beautiful rendition in the sport.

Fans having a good time and singing songs is everything the sport is about and has got nothing to do with the administration of the Football club. You should have used some other things as an example.

KingLeo10

That's a club song fans sing during home games which symbolises the romance, history and legacy of the club.

What do chants and songs have to do with administrative decisions at board level which can have impact on the on-field performances of the team in the long and short run?

Rival coaches like Mourinho and Wenger have called it the most hauntingly beautiful rendition in the sport.

Fans having a good time and singing songs is everything the sport is about and has got nothing to do with the administration of the Football club. You should have used some other things as an example.

Liverpool have a long history of hiring former players/individuals with strong connections to Liverpool as managers -

Paisley
Souness
Dalglish x 2
Roy Evans
Houllier

All of them were very much indoctrinated in aspects of Liverpool - from YNWA to other traditions. Klopp and the management have repeatedly referenced YNWA among other things and how "Pool is special".

Can also very much be argued you lot were trying to strike gold in Paisley's aftermath with the likes of Souness Dalgish and co (similar to us after Pep)...which led to 25-30 years of mediocrity.

The broader point is that you were quick to point to United and Barca as clubs who are prisoners of their own philosophies and successful pattern, but in reality, your club and every other big club has achieved the same.

In reality, YNWA is just some cringy concept like Barca DNA is - it's not actually followed. As Fati provided an example, Karius was left quite alone for being a liability in a big game :lol:

Birdy

Pep, Klopp, Rijkaard, Ancelotti were all claimed to have assistant who are the real brain.

Yes, sometimes it's true, but not all the times:

Rijkaard was no one before having Ten Cate next to him, and returned to being no one after Ten Cate left.
This is just empirical facts: Rijkaard never had any success apart from his Barca stint where he was the man-manager and Ten Cate was doing all the tactics

No serious person would ever say that for Pep and Klopp, because these two are tactical geniuses that invented new ways of playing football.

Now, for Loev. I am not really sure. Have we seen Loev do something important apart from German NT?
If not, there will be serious question-marks about his real stature, he might be another Rijkaard.
Besides, that's not somethin I invented. It has been reported and is a common knowledge thing that Flick was the brain behind the German NT

Besides, all that exaggeration about him being the 'worst German NT manager ever' is coming from people who are prob too young to remember the german NT before Loev.

Horatio

You're welcome
Pretty lazy to appropriate an existing song as your anthem. Hope you paid The Village People their fair royalty fees.

Temptation

Liverpool have a long history of hiring former players/individuals with strong connections to Liverpool as managers -

Paisley
Souness
Dalglish x 2
Roy Evans
Houllier
Ofcourse. Which is why I said:

You should have used some other things as an example.

All of them were very much indoctrinated in aspects of Liverpool - from YNWA to other traditions. Klopp and the management have repeatedly referenced YNWA among other things and how "Pool is special".

Can also very much be argued you lot were trying to strike gold in Paisley's aftermath with the likes of Souness Dalgish and co (similar to us after Pep)...which led to 25-30 years of mediocrity.

The broader point is that you were quick to point to United and Barca as clubs who are prisoners of their own philosophies and successful pattern, but in reality, your club and every other big club has achieved the same.
Agreed. But unlike what you think of me I am not shading Barca all the time. Barca and United are 2 massive clubs who have very recently suffered from the "Barca DNA" and "United Way" thingy. Liverpool have had Klopp for nearly a decade. It's just that these 2 clubs are the most recent examples that spring to mind. We have suffered due to the same mentality in the past just like most clubs have but most of them were under the previous owners. Barca and United board decisions are fresh in the minds of Football fans..........

In reality, YNWA is just some cringy concept like Barca DNA is - it's not actually followed. As Fati provided an example, Karius was left quite alone for being a liability in a big game :lol:

This is where you are completely and utterly wrong. This is totally unrelated to the thing we're talking about.

YNWA is just an iconic club anthem. The club's supporters have been involved in two major tragedies.

It's like Mes que un club or a Glory Glory Man United song. It's got nothing to do with administrative decisions involving outdated emotional methods or nepotism.

You are correct to point out Liverpool falling in the same trap in the past and appointing managers based on stupid nostalgic sentiments. But how tf does the Club Song/Anthem and other chants matter? They're just part of the supporters cheering for their club which is essentially the essence and rejuvenation of the beautiful game?

I think you just articulated it poorly and actually meant something like "The Liverpool way".

Temptation

You will never walk alone until you make 2 mistakes as GK in ucl final :pique: 😭🤣
Oh come on!

Football fans are far too partisan and archaic to not give a little bit of stick to the guy who just gifted the opponents 2 goals in the biggest game in club Football. You can't expect any Football fanbase in the world to not criticize such a performance.

Klopp and the club didn't throw him under the bus though and supported him afterwards; helped him in dealing with the mental health issues he went through. Karius recently said that there was no bad blood between him and Liverpool.

Do your research on YNWA. This is the first time I have heard people calling it awful/cringy(barring a few salty rags here and there). I just see it as a classy, iconic Footy anthem.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Oh come on!

Football fans are far too partisan and archaic to not give a little bit of stick to the guy who just gifted the opponents 2 goals in the biggest game in club Football. You can't expect any Football fanbase in the world to not criticize such a performance.

Klopp and the club didn't throw him under the bus though and supported him afterwards; helped him in dealing with the mental health issues he went through. Karius recently said that there was no bad blood between him and Liverpool.

Do your research on YNWA. This is the first time I have heard people calling it awful/cringy(barring a few salty rags here and there). I just see it as a classy, iconic Footy anthem.

Yeah dude i was joking but have to admit i loved the memes on facebook, ppl made fun about it after Karius has gone :ROFLMAO:
there was a video where they sang it for Klopp after he said he will go at the end of the season, think it was that video:

Kloppooo :cry:
:cry:

khaled_a_d

Then wtf is "Barca DNA"?

A marketing plot that was used in early 2010's to describe Barca distinctively from other clubs during our greatest era.

It became associated with Crujifista who are in reality Pepista's who weren't born when Crujif was hired.

There is simply no real definition for it.

In reality Barca has been just an attacking team since Crujif but played in different ways depending on every manager. With 433 being the most attached to it with youth systems.

Porque

What is Barcelona DNA
A marketing plot that was used in early 2010's to describe Barca distinctively from other clubs during our greatest era.

It became associated with Crujifista who are in reality Pepista's who weren't born when Crujif was hired.

There is simply no real definition for it.

In reality Barca has been just an attacking team since Crujif but played in different ways depending on every manager. With 433 being the most attached to it with youth systems.

I think it was a rhetorical question.

In the example of Conceicao (which may or may not be true) it is excuse to not get a more pragmatic coach. Love or hate this has been Laporta's philosophy going back to the days of Hiddink-koeman-Rijkaard (in that order) ahead of Scolari and then Pep ahead of Mourinho.

In reality Xavi is not a Barca DNA coach in anything but history as a player. Had he been Portuguese he would have been treated way less kindly for example.

Anyways, the idea of a possession based Barca DNA coach or whatever is not a bad idea really.

Top upcoming coach In Prem? Arteta
Best coach in Prem and Europe? Pep
Best upcoming coaches in Italy? Motta and Cesc
Top of Ligue 1? Lucho

These are direct Barca linkage coaches.

Then you have Xabi top of Bundes and a guy like De Zerbi who is very highly rated. Who I think both would say are close to principles of a Barca coach.

Birdy

What is Barcelona DNA

I think it was a rhetorical question.

In the example of Conceicao (which may or may not be true) it is excuse to not get a more pragmatic coach. Love or hate this has been Laporta's philosophy going back to the days of Hiddink-koeman-Rijkaard (in that order) ahead of Scolari and then Pep ahead of Mourinho.

In reality Xavi is not a Barca DNA coach in anything but history as a player. Had he been Portuguese he would have been treated way less kindly for example.

Anyways, the idea of a possession based Barca DNA coach or whatever is not a bad idea really.

Top upcoming coach In Prem? Arteta
Best coach in Prem and Europe? Pep
Best upcoming coaches in Italy? Motta and Cesc
Top of Ligue 1? Lucho

These are direct Barca linkage coaches.

Then you have Xabi top of Bundes and a guy like De Zerbi who is very highly rated. Who I think both would say are close to principles of a Barca coach.

of course Pep's ideas dominated the world.

This has nothing to do with how bozos use the 'Barca DNA' motto. It means more like hire some ex-player, ex-legend, irrespective of 1) expertise, 2) experience, 3) phase of development in his career
and wait for miracles to happen...

Guess what? Miracles rarely happen

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Paisley
Souness
Dalglish x 2
Roy Evans
Houllier

I see your 'You Will Never Walk Alone'.

And will raise you with the 'Famous Anfield Atmosphere.'

The biggest myth in football.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Amorim won't cost 30m or anything close to that. Nobody is paying that for him, not even from the EPL and Sporting wont hold him to that if he wants to leave.

The key question you have to ask if why we are linked more strongly to Conceicao than Amorim. Conceicao is having the worst season of his career by a mile whilst Amorim has created the best Sporting in the last 10 years, at least, all whilst only really paying money for a player from the English 2nd division.

It makes absolutely no sense at all. The manager is the most important man at the club, but it seems at Barca we don't seem to realise that and seem to just want the most cost effective option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans