Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi's replacement

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

And then they made the next step after Bvb to truly and utterly tier 1 jobs and clubs
These are the obvious examples of the ones who succeeded.
There are tons more who will succeed in the future but are still in the process like Arteta or ETH, etc

On the contrary, your comparison is the generalisation: lumping all of them under 'midtable syndrom'
I bet if you were around at 2009 you would have said the same about Klopp

And it's really bewildering that you consider De Zerbi now more of a risk than Xavi, or Marquez now, or some other legend who is either incompetent to become a coach or simply not worked enough to build any experience of it.
These are the stupid signings mate. Not betting on one of the hottest prospects that fits our football right now

PS: Inzaghi is great, but doesn't fit the philsophy/football paradigm

I was wholeheartedly against hiring Xavi mate, I got why Laporta had to do it at the end and overall it is better than the disaster I expected and rate him better than bums like Lampard and Pirlo but was never with hiring him. Marquez? As interim maybe but again I am not advocating for him. Like seriously what is the hell you are talking about?

I didn't make generalisation, I said I am talking specifically about De Zerbi, I see him as future failure in big clubs. I didn't say you can't sign coaches from tier 2, that is an assumption from you.

Porque

Developing young players is nice and everything, but you are describing a scenario where if he shines it will be more like an Arteta situation where is given carte blanche to rebuild the team and make it his own, you bet even if we are doing rebuild a coach won't get this time and chance tbh. And especially not after Catalan darlin Xavi is leaving.

I mean we kind of need that tbh, we are overrating a lot of those talents and huge problem of our crisis is that we are too dependent in La Masia, the whole in dark time depend on La Masia thing is more hurting than benefiting us.
I honestly don't think guys like Fort and Pena for example have a first term future, and I am honestly starting to wonder if Balde and Gavi are Barca starting material anytime soon (Balde looked like one last year tbf, and Gavi technical game is still massively lacking).
We need to hit the breaks on this high school strategy tbh and the club is desperate for veterans (who aren't older than 30)

Well, the difference with Arteta is that he doesn't need to compete with Klopp, Pep and the plethora of other big spending teams yearly to bring the best out of Gavi, Pedri, Lamine, Roque etc- While also winning.

He is inheriting last year's LaLiga winners after all, and this years team that while underperforming is currently 3rd in the league.

So I think if the new normal until moving back to the Camp Nou is lower budget signings and maximizing Deco's signing strategy, and bringing the best out of these then De Zerbi may be one of the best cases. Rather than perhaps Flick who may have an entirely different strategy and direction.

Recruitment is absolutely necessary to get correct this time.

Birdy

I was wholeheartedly against hiring Xavi mate, I got why Laporta had to do it at the end and overall it is better than the disaster I expected and rate him better than bums like Lampard and Pirlo but was never with hiring him. Marquez? As interim maybe but again I am not advocating for him. Like seriously what is the hell you are talking about?

I didn't make generalisation, I said I am talking specifically about De Zerbi, I see him as future failure in big clubs. I didn't say you can't sign coaches from tier 2, that is an assumption from you.
Well, If your problem is with RdZ specifically (which I still don't get why),
you then have to provide some names from coaches in current tier 2 teams that you consider suitable for the job, and you think fit the football/philosophy

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Can't believe people are advocating for De Zerbi. As said earlier by Khaled the man screams mid table manager.

He would have been absolutely slaughtered here for time eternal if he had done some of the things he has done at Brighton. Bringing in James Milner specifically to combat the threat of Jeremy Doku was the ultimate one. Xavi himself has never done anything as ludicrous as that.

And thinking he would improve the young players doesn't make sense. How much has he stunted the growth of Evan Ferguson by dropping him every time he doesn't get a brace, or , at times, rotating him, when he does ?

A rotation policy that has now resulted in his best player, Estupinian, being on the bench for the temerity of having 45 bad minutes against Luton, despite being the best left back in the whole league this season.

He would drive people here absolutely nuts with his rotations and general strange decision making. He will get his move to a big club, but I would be flabbergasted if he wasn't then sacked within a maximum of 2 seasons.

Raketa10

Unfortunately, I don't think that we will hire a decent manager. Laporta and Deco will probably sell some bullshit to the media like "We wanted to hire a top manager but they were all unavailable" and than they will promote Marquez to the first team. This will be the end of our hopes for the near future. To be fair I don't even think that they are seriously considering any other candidate apart from Marquez.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Can't believe people are advocating for De Zerbi. As said earlier by Khaled the man screams mid table manager.

He would have been absolutely slaughtered here for time eternal if he had done some of the things he has done at Brighton. Bringing in James Milner specifically to combat the threat of Jeremy Doku was the ultimate one. Xavi himself has never done anything as ludicrous as that.

And thinking he would improve the young players doesn't make sense. How much has he stunted the growth of Evan Ferguson by dropping him every time he doesn't get a brace, or , at times, rotating him, when he does ?

A rotation policy that has now resulted in his best player, Estupinian, being on the bench for the temerity of having 45 bad minutes against Luton, despite being the best left back in the whole league this season.

He would drive people here absolutely nuts with his rotations and general strange decision making. He will get his move to a big club, but I would be flabbergasted if he wasn't then sacked within a maximum of 2 seasons.

Everyone want Pep and Klopp but that's not realistic atm and we need to find the best from the available coaches.

My top3:

1. Flick
2. De Zerbi
3. Motta

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Unfortunately, I don't think that we will hire a decent manager. Laporta and Deco will probably sell some bullshit to the media like "We wanted to hire a top manager but they were all unavailable" and than they will promote Marquez to the first team. This will be the end of our hopes for the near future. To be fair I don't even think that they are seriously considering any other candidate apart from Marquez.

This or Xavi will stay probably lol.

Porque

Raketa10

Marquez or a "top coach".

It's Rafa then.

Fantastic! Another mediocre manger who will probably stall or completely stop development of our young players. Laporta and Deco are literally clueless. However, thanks God we are building a stadium with a seating capacity of 105.000 so the biggest crow in the world can enjoy Europa league football and trashing from Girona or Villarreal.

Messi983

Tbf I think Rafa has actually done a fine job developing players at BA.

But ofc managing the first team under pressure of getting results while continuing to develop youngsters is another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans