Leroy Sane

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I patiently await for EPL's transfer bubble to burst.

You'll be waiting a long time. Personally speaking I want it to burst because then we'd be in a much more powerful position economically than the rest barring Arsenal and Man Utd. But I can't see it happening. Supply and demand.

Jair Ventura

You'll be waiting a long time. Personally speaking I want it to burst because then we'd be in a much more powerful position economically than the rest barring Arsenal and Man Utd. But I can't see it happening. Supply and demand.

Supply and demand is the exact reason the bubble will burst. After English clubs spend billions on wages and transfer fees on mediocre players, how and to whom will they sell them too if and when they don't pan out? No one in else in Europe will be able to afford to wages, and no other league is similarly dependent upon foreign talent, so there's no incentive to move when you can promote a youth player to similar affect.

Jenks

Supply and demand is the exact reason the bubble will burst. After English clubs spend billions on wages and transfer fees on mediocre players, how and to whom will they sell them too if and when they don't pan out? No one in else in Europe will be able to afford to wages, and no other league is similarly dependent upon foreign talent, so there's no incentive to move when you can promote a youth player to similar affect.

I think you're underestimating the disparity in money we're talking about here, especially for mid-table clubs. They will absorb that hit like it's nothing. I hear people talking about the Premier League running out of room to expand globally, but you do all realise that these massive TV deals are only domestic, right?

Jair Ventura

I think you're underestimating the disparity in money we're talking about here, especially for mid-table clubs. They will absorb that hit like it's nothing. I hear people talking about the Premier League running out of room to expand globally, but you do all realise that these massive TV deals are only domestic, right?

Sure, they can absorb the hit, but when they're looking to offload a player for whatever reason with disproportionately high wages, where will they find a buyer?

Slickz

Continues to be linked with Barca. He really shoudl not make this move for a few years because it will hamper his development. He is a super talent but he needs to be starting every week at his age. Bayern might be a good fit for when Robben leaves/retires.

Yannik

According to BIld Sané has told his friends and relatives that he's going to leave Schalke in summer

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Stupid guy. Stay there a couple of years atleast to develop further(unless Schalke is the wrong place to do that in the first place?)

khaled_a_d

Stupid guy. Stay there a couple of years atleast to develop further(unless Schalke is the wrong place to do that in the first place?)

Schalke is good for developing players,always have been
But I can't blame him ,or any other young player going for money for that matter .it is easy to say that player should stay and develop but we all ignore that this is a career and the deal those kids can get is a life changer .
There is no grantee that he will develop further or doesn't get an injury that affect his development
Also even if he didn't get much playing time in his 1st year or so ,the new trend of loans (or sell with buyback) has decreased the risk for young players significantly

bastardo

He is good but not good enough to start for any big teams which will definitely hinder his development unless he goes for an English team.

Home of Barca Fans