Lautaro Martinez

mc_lovin

You say that it's reasonable to try free Fati and cheap Trincao, with which I agree with.
But in other post, you want a 111m guy who can't score, named Lautaro.

I have nothing against Trincaos, I would rather buy 5-6-10 Trincaos and hope that 2 of them will turn into starters than splash the same amount for Lautaro.

Okay:
1) I dont want us to pay 111ME. I said this numerous times, maybe you missed it.
2) Lautaro looks top class to me. You might disagree, but opinion and shit. Not worth arguing.

But I honestly dont know why I fell down that rabbit hole again. You write the exact same ~5 posts over and over again (my personal favourite is your opinion of midfielders and defenders as coaches). At least with Arthur you had a short period where you only questioned his fitness until you reverted back to his ineptitude in the final 3rd.

Edit: you just dont process other opinions/posts and put them all into one basket. Would be nice if you read what I wrote instead of just posting your standard responses without any relevance to the stuff I said.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Not quite he 'cant score' he does have 16 goals in a team not built to one striker/goalscorer.

His finishing need to improve but you dont have to take such drastic opinions to try and make a point.

Even worse, Inter build up with their strikers. They are terrible apart from long balls to Martinez and to a lesser degree Lukaku, whos technically limited.

Andresito

Staff member
Just read that Inter said: pay the price or deal with no Lautaro... less than a mont and this saga will be over.

His release clause won't be valid in July and we can't buy any players before then anyway, so no rest for Inter as long as the transfer window is open :)

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
If Lautaro push transfer after that deadline , then he will be cheaper.

I don't understand this logic, Why would they accept a lower fee just because a release clause lapses?
If you're referring to him causing issues then the release clause doesn't need to lapse for the decrease to occur.

Andresito

Staff member
I think we should leave him at Inter for another year. I doubt his price will go above 111M no matter what he does.

Call me naive but I think we're fine with our attackers if all of them stay fit. Trincao and the return of Dembele could be enough if Suarez can keep up his scoring.

The most alarming position is CM, and after that CB. But we should be able to reinforce both this summer.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Inter have had issues in last few seasons with players looking for the exit in Perisic, Icardi & Radja so they will want to avoid a repeat. Player has been silent during all this period of intense speculation & media soundbites which likely underscores his desire to avoid inflaming negotiations and being respectful to Inter & fans. If the transfer arrives at an impasse, I believe it would require the player pushing publicly & that might facilitate matters. Of course with a new owner, perhaps that will backfire

Andresito

Staff member
Inter have had issues in last few seasons with players looking for the exit in Perisic, Icardi & Radja so they will want to avoid a repeat. Player has been silent during all this period of intense speculation & media soundbites which likely underscores his desire to avoid inflaming negotiations and being respectful to Inter & fans. If the transfer arrives at an impasse, I believe it would require the player pushing publicly & that might facilitate matters. Of course with a new owner, perhaps that will backfire

Safe to say they had A LOT of patience with Icardi and Wanda though.

If the player is good they will want to keep him.

Rory

I hope he doesn't try and force a move, hasn't seemed like he is engineering anything like that, which is a good sign. There's only so much a player can truly want out of a club. He's currently one of the first names on the teamsheet, young, playing UCL football, until the last few fixtures of inter's season they were title challengers. Inter have helped him become who he is. I wouldn't want to be signing someone that forces themselves out of a club that has given him all of that and in return he has only given them 1 decent season. I hope we're signing players with professional attitudes.

Home of Barca Fans