Lautaro Martinez

Kul_z

@BBZ

You misunderstood me. We are pretty crap at scoring goals against top sides in Europe, as shown by our incredibly poor away scoring rate in big CL ties.

So, the point is, being a great team is not about beating Eibar and Leganes with 6-0, instead of just 2-0 or so. So, you need to make a difference between a player who maybe doesn't score 40 goals in a season, but shows up in the big games and is decisive.

I see a lot of hate about Greizmann, but without his goal vs Napoli we'd be in big trouble in CL. So, I don't fucking care he doesn't score hattricks vs La Liga cannon fodder, if he shows up and bags the goals that matter the most.

It's about quantity vs quality.

It's the same about Lautaro. Not that important he doesn't score loads of goals on Camp Nou against the Eibars. If he shows up and is sharp and bags the goals that count the most.

Thank you.

Kul_z

Suarez 58 apps - 24 goals in cl(23 with barca)
Griezmann 61 apps - 23 goals in cl
Martinez 9 apps - 5 goals

We wont lose anything at all considering that suarez is long past his prime, griezmann is at the peak and slowly declining and lautaro is just entering the football world at the greatest stage

Messigician

Exactly.
Even if Lautaro was free, I would rather play Suarez.
Why?
Because Suarez will score more.

Serghei is talking about CL and scoring less as long as we are winning.
Lol. We won't do anything in a CL for years with this shitty team.

Then people will reply: but what after 2021?
Well, buy someone who can score, not Lautaro.

Imagine a team after Messi and Suarez when we lose 50+30 goals per season.
And a leader of our frontline will be Lautaro.

Or:
Griezz=can't score
Lautaro=can't score
Arthur=horrible in the attacking 3rd
Frenkie=horrible in the attacking third
Semedo=braindead in attack

I am not joking: Arsenal's level or Barca 2001 under Gaspart with Saviola.

Hey, but we will link up well, lol.
Linking up level=20 000
Scored goals per match=0,80

We would have won back to back UCL under Valverde if players like Dembele weren't bums. Spurs and Real Madrid would have fallen easily to us. We smashed both of those clubs during those respective seasons.

serghei

Also, the logic projecting how we will do without Messi and Suarez is extremely bad.

Every outcome is influenced by conditions + players.

So with Messi and Suarez, you have set of conditions A + players A.

Without Messi and Suarez and some other players, you have set of conditions B + players B. Both change, because they are interconnected.

Most of the ones predicting doom after Messi and Suarez basically take conditions A and apply them to players B.
Which is fucked up, because every pro team adjust their tactics to suit their players. With new, different players, come new tactics.

So, why do these projections, never consider the benefits that would come from replacing Messi + Suarez with younger, fitter, faster and more hardworking players? Which are many. Like better positioning, better work-rate, more overall intensity, more pressing, more stamina.

serghei

Only way we would've won the CL under Valverde is with a great deal of luck. We've had luck with him in CL, just not enough.

serghei

Check xg expected goals stats for both away disasters. Valverde was seriously unlucky.

What? :lol:

stats.jpg

That's not even discussing the great draws he had. Only 1 team we drew in the 2 years in CL knockouts was a team from our category (elite), Liverpool. Most of the other sides were more Europa League level, like United, Chelsea, Lyon.

Messigician

What? :lol:

stats.jpg

That's not even discussing the great draws he had. Only 1 team we drew in the 2 years in CL knockouts was a team from our category (elite), Liverpool. Most of the other sides were more Europa League level, like United, Chelsea, Lyon.

Do you not know what xg is?

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Financial matter is out of our hands so we have little or if any impact on clubs transfer targets.

Messi983 pretty much covered why we'd be unbalanced with him in the team, thought it was pretty obvious.

As for the comment quoted its fairly absurd that we shouldn't be against a signing that will cripple the future of the club because a few posters have a hard on for a particular player. Your fanboy-ism is eerily similar to those who strongly advocate for the return of Neymar, ignoring all financial impacts, this isn't FIFA. If this transfer fails it will set the club back years; in short the risk to reward ratio is minimal.

Says more about half this forum than about Griezmann's quality though...

You are being hypocritical here, the whole structure of the team, the width and the lack of penetration with him in the team is evident yet you chose to ignore it when discussing Griezman but gladly mention the actual changing parameters of the team in refrence to the Messi and Suarez comment.

The guy has undeniably been a flop to date, not quite coutinho levels but close.

Secondly running a lot doesn't guarantee you wining games, you have to have the instincts and finishing ability, if you believe that Greizman and Martinez have that fair enough but i don't, and neither do some of the other posters. I could elaborate further but i cant be fucked.

Suarez 58 apps - 24 goals in cl(23 with barca)
Griezmann 61 apps - 23 goals in cl
Martinez 9 apps - 5 goals

We wont lose anything at all considering that suarez is long past his prime, griezmann is at the peak and slowly declining and lautaro is just entering the football world at the greatest stage

Suarez is the last person i want to see in leading the line.

Werner 14 apps - 7 goals
Haaland 9apps - 10 goals

so i see them as being fairly similar in their scoring rates (ignoring haaland) except they're half the price with Werner also playing for an inferior side.

mc_lovin

Messi983 pretty much covered why we'd be unbalanced with him in the team, thought it was pretty obvious.

Dont know what Messi983 wrote and I am too lazy to look, but Martinez would not be the reason for an unbalanced formation. Messi and Griezmann say hi. Ridiculous to potentially fault Martinez for that.

As for Haaland/Werner: I seriously doubt you watched a lot of Werner, hes a terrible fit. Haaland is not possible - I dont think he pictures himself in blaugrana. His preferences are quite clear. Just a gut feeling though.

Last edited:

Riordon

Think a lot of this Haaland/Martinez debate comes down to how people want us to play. I have for a long time accepted that the tiki-taka we saw under Pep is something we won't see for a long time. Everything was just right then: the president, the manager, the players.

Eventually I would like us to play maybe more like Bayern or Real especially in Europe. Or the way we played under Rijkaard. Or maybe our 08/09 season before Pep went full tiki-taka. Exciting offensive football, with elements of it all: counterattack, crossing, combinations etc etc.

It is just easier to buy players who fit these systems and everything dont have to be 100% ideal for us to win a CL. When we win a CL these days, its need to be a historical good season.

This is why I advocate for players like Haaland, Havertz, Sane, Rashford upfront with guys like De Jong, Arthur, Guimaraes in the middle of the park.

Home of Barca Fans