• Gerrard

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Lampard

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Scholes

Votes: 23 42.6%

• Total voters

Ghost

Gerrard is my favourite out of the three, but I would say Scholes was a little bit better and more consistent. Lampard is 3rd.

Hellsangel

Gerrard for me. Scholes was extremely good, but Gerrard has the edge being an inspirational captain and presence on the field. He's also one of the most all-round players I've ever seen.

DavidVillano1

1. Scholes
2. Lampard
3. Gerrard

Gerrard's a great player but he only had one world class season IMO. It's a myth that he's this all-round god of a footballer, as shown in the last year or two he doesn't have the ability or intelligence to sit deep and dictate play, unlike Lampard who's shown he can do so. Don't get me started on his hollywood long passing that regularly is messed up...

Gerrard scores some screamers so the myth appears he carried Liverpool etc, such as UCL final the biggest myth of them all, obviously Hamann coming on at HT and Rafa changing things around didn't matter, it was all about Steven Gerrard carrying the other 10 players himself. :rolleyes:

Scholes was a level above both.

messid10s

Scholes is probably the best, the only english midfielder who could be ranked alongside the likes of Xavi/Iniesta though Scholes can't tackle at all. Playing him out on the left wing at times for England was nothing short of disgraceful. I'd love to see Lampard's goal stats without the massively inflated penalty tally and he's essentially been playing as a 2nd striker at times rather than a true midfielder though it's different now. Gerrard is probably the best all rounder in terms of athleticism and dragging the team to victory far better just behind the striker and on the wing though as he's nowhere near as good a passer as Scholes.

Home of Barca Fans