La Liga Uncle Florentino 2016/2017

Who will win La liga?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alik

I don't get your point.

My point was in relation to this:
It would be childish of them to expect him to win it every season, since he already won it the season before.

Whilst Lucho should not be expected to automatically win, it's not childish to expect him to be nominated after the season he's had.

But anyways, moving on.

Horatio

You're welcome
Sorry, I meant nominations.

I don't think Lucho not being nominated is enough motivation for Suarez and Messi to boycott it.
You can't know before hand whether you will win it or not anyways.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Real Madrid has a few promising forwards/strikers who can fill their attacking line when Ronaldo and Benzema retire, such as Vazquez, Morata, Mariano and Mayoral. Who do we have? Munir (questionable) and Mujica?

khaled_a_d

Real Madrid has a few promising forwards/strikers who can fill their attacking line when Ronaldo and Benzema retire, such as Vazquez, Morata, Mariano and Mayoral. Who do we have? Munir (questionable) and Mujica?

Other than Morata it is very doubtful that any of those names will be starter their

CuleLife4Life

The problem with that club/president is that they would rather make big name purchases than develop their youngsters into starters. Isco is a huge prime example. He should have been transition into a started once DiMaria left but they though buying James was a better idea. It just doesn't make any sense.

None of those guys will ever end up being starters at that club. Its just not in their culture. Now had Barca been lucky enough to do that type of scouring and landed those guys, we'd have our next decade at the least set up.

Horatio

You're welcome

Vasquez is older than Neymar. Morata of the same age.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The problem with that club/president is that they would rather make big name purchases than develop their youngsters into starters. Isco is a huge prime example. He should have been transition into a started once DiMaria left but they though buying James was a better idea. It just doesn't make any sense.

None of those guys will ever end up being starters at that club. Its just not in their culture. Now had Barca been lucky enough to do that type of scouring and landed those guys, we'd have our next decade at the least set up.

I think the lines separating us from Real Madrid have blurred quite a bit since we have engaged in similar activities (for example buying Ronaldinho, Neymar, Suarez) and they have seen quite a few cantera players coming through the ranks over the years. For elite clubs it will always be a blend of purchased stars and cantera players.

Of course there is no guarantee that those players will eventually make it, just pointing out Real Madrid has stocked up many talented young players in various positions and they seem to be in a much better position preparing for a transition. I remember being awed by how good their youngsters performed against an almost full Bayern first team this summer during the ICC in the US.

Home of Barca Fans