La Liga Uncle Florentino 2016/2017

Who will win La liga?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CuleLife4Life

Simeone pulled another Jackson Martinez by signing Gamiero IMO. Never really rated the guy. He is not up to the task the be the focal point of the attack line for Atletico Madrid.

Hilarious considering they wanted Costa and Costa allegedly wanted to go back.

I still think they'll get him back sooner or later.

Barcadub

Have to be happy with a direct rival dropping points already.

Real Madrid are looking very strong though.

but we look better.

Messi983

Not really convinced with Gameiro, better play Griezmann + Carrasco/Torres when he returns.

Give Gameiro time. It was his first game and he didn't even train much with the team as he joined them late and was then out some time because of injury. He probably won't always be useful against teams like Alaves that are defending deep but when Atleti can play their game against teams like us Griezmann and Gameiro will be very dangerous in counter attacks.

AHow has La Liga been on the market this summer? Which teams have potentially strengthened and which have weakened?

Should have a look tonight.

Here you have all transfers.

http://www.fichajes.net/noticias/altas-bajas-confirmadas-liga-espanola-20160813.html

From top teams Sevilla obviously made the most changes. They will be a different and more fun team to watch this season with Sampaoli but only time will tell how successfull they'll be. Top 4 is realistic goal.

I think Villarreal's squad is stronger on paper than last season (they still need to get one good CB though as N'Diaye is not a CB as we've seen against Monaco) but Escriba is a clear downgrade from Marcelino so I believe Sevilla is a favourite for 4th place. Don't know what was going on in the club but I really think they made a mistake by sacking Marcelino. They also have a lot of injuries right now, mainly Soldado who is out for 6 months.

We'll see how Celta will go over the loss of Nolito. Pione Sisto is an interesting signing but will need time to adapt. There are also rumours they are after Valbuena.

Athletic is the only team who didn't made any new signings so far but they kept Laporte and all other important players so I expect them to be top 6 again.

Asspanyol signed mostly experienced La Liga players and have a good coach now in QSF so they could be dangerous (still need to improve defense though) and Leo Baptistao will be great for them I think. But I still expected their chinese owner would spend more. Probably will over the next year or two.

I really like what Malaga has done. Both Keko and Jony could be really good in Juande Ramos system and the same for their youngsters like Juanpi and Fornals. If they'll keep Camacho I think they could push for 6th place with some question marks around teams like Villarreal, Celta and not to talk Valencia around them.

Betis also signed some good and interesting young players like Sanabria and Nahuel. They also got Musonda back on loan who I enjoyed watching last year. Ruben Castro is still their most important player though.

Depor also improved but now the question is if they'll keep Lucas Perez. If not, there will be a lot of pressure on Andone who is their most expensive signing over the last decade or so. Sidnei is most likely gone, probably to Valencia, so they'll need to get another good CB to pair with Albentosa.

Boateng is a star signing for Las Palmas but I'm affraid he could have a negative impact on their team. I hope not though as I like the way they played last season. They were also able to keep both Lemos and Roque Mesa despite the interest from Barça (Lemos) and Sevilla (Mesa) so that's good for them.

Alaves made the most signings (17 so far), most of them as free players or on loan from bigger clubs. Some of them didn't even play against Atletico yesterday and it will take time for them to gel together but I think they have the best chances from all promoted teams to stay in La Liga.

I believe Granada lost the most quality with their attacking quartet of El-Arabi, Penaranda, Rochina and Success all gone but getting production out of attacking players was never problem for Paco Jemez so I think they'll be fine in that regard with players they bought in to replace them. Most of them are young and inexperienced so that could be a problem. Defense is another question of course. Still, Ochoa is a good GK signing and they'll need him to perform well.

Hilarious considering they wanted Costa and Costa allegedly wanted to go back.

I still think they'll get him back sooner or later.

Simeone admited to Gameiro that Costa was their first option but they couldn't sign him because Chelsea/Conte didn't want to sell.

Pablo Escobar

Griezmann was just suspended for yellows, so nothing serious, didn't see the game, it must hurt for them to see 27-2 goal attempts and not winning :whistle:

Messi983

It was an offside goal but still Leganes is looking very solid. All three promoted teams will get points in tough away games in first round it seems.

hulinat

Valencias squad is so bad. To think that they could lose Paco, Alves and Mustafi too in this transfer window. and las palmas scores from penalty lol 1-2

Home of Barca Fans