La Liga Round 7: Mallorca - Barca 2-2

Messigician

Well our coach decides to start a CB that has played like 15 minutes after being injured and having no preseason with a CB also coming back from a recent injury and had half a game under his belt since.

Big brain Xavi gigastrat once again. He wreaks of inexperience and trash. The only difference from last season is Stegen didn't bail us out this time and actually had a horror show instead. We owe the majority of our defensive record last season to him.
@BJJ

iniestaGOAT

you’d be first to scream no penalty if it was against us you twat

Mallorca coach Javier Aguirre on the Lamine penalty: “I just saw the replay, and for me it’s a penalty. But you don’t hear that kind of thing anymore.”

Even after the opposition coach has admitted we deserved a penalty, this guy is still arguing it wasn't a penalty.

Tell me you support Madrid without telling me you support Madrid.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I cant believe it! I just cant believe it! Just saw the highlights, what a crap result

good thing is that Real plays also crap atm and they will also lose points in small matches

Neeraj

It's weird that the opposition coach would come out to talk about this particular penalty of all of them. There's a lot of stonewall penaldos or at least 50-50s that you can argue one way or the other...This one IMO wasn't even a penalty, so it's strange.

Regarding him going down on the slight toe touch - he's already halfway down from his loss of balance after kicking the ball, way before any 'slight' touch might have come through. I really don't have a problem with that being overturned.

ajnotkeith

It's weird that the opposition coach would come out to talk about this particular penalty of all of them. There's a lot of stonewall penaldos or at least 50-50s that you can argue one way or the other...This one IMO wasn't even a penalty, so it's strange.

Regarding him going down on the slight toe touch - he's already halfway down from his loss of balance after kicking the ball, way before any 'slight' touch might have come through. I really don't have a problem with that being overturned.
Its because it wasnt what he actually said. I would be careful reading suspicious quotes from those Barca aggregators because they translate things wrong with Google Translate and share the same incorrect quotes.

He said, there is a little contact, but it is a PENALTITO, meaning a soft/small pen that isn't usually given. He goes on to say that he doesn't like to see this pen given and that he thinks it was a dive.

ajnotkeith

“If that is a penalty, as my friend Medina Cantalejo would say, it is a soft penalty. You could call it, yes. There is contact and the referee has a messed up job. The boy is already intending to go down… It is not enough to fall. It is messed up being a referee, they [the players] constantly deceive me in training.”

“The first thing is that I looked at the new screen that we put up in the stadium and I saw the reaction of the children and our fans; I saw clearly that it was not a penalty. They did not step on him, it wasn’t blatant and they did not give a penalty. There is a kind of contact where he is already trying to throw himself down. I think the referee does not see enough to call it. Last year they said that they were not going to call soft penalties. The VAR notifies him because I understand that they did not agree with him. Lamine said that there was contact and there is mini-contact.”

Here is the full quote.

JamDav1982

Mallorca coach Javier Aguirre on the Lamine penalty: “I just saw the replay, and for me it’s a penalty. But you don’t hear that kind of thing anymore.”

Even after the opposition coach has admitted we deserved a penalty, this guy is still arguing it wasn't a penalty.

Tell me you support Madrid without telling me you support Madrid.

L

Neeraj

“If that is a penalty, as my friend Medina Cantalejo would say, it is a soft penalty. You could call it, yes. There is contact and the referee has a messed up job. The boy is already intending to go down… It is not enough to fall. It is messed up being a referee, they [the players] constantly deceive me in training.”

“The first thing is that I looked at the new screen that we put up in the stadium and I saw the reaction of the children and our fans; I saw clearly that it was not a penalty. They did not step on him, it wasn’t blatant and they did not give a penalty. There is a kind of contact where he is already trying to throw himself down. I think the referee does not see enough to call it. Last year they said that they were not going to call soft penalties. The VAR notifies him because I understand that they did not agree with him. Lamine said that there was contact and there is mini-contact.”

Here is the full quote.
Lol that makes a lot more sense.

M3ls

Until the Leagues or FIFA resolve the issue of football field standards, this shit will not end.

M3ls

It hurts teams like City, Barcelona....

This is why Pep and Xavi often talk about the quality of the football field.

Pep decided to play more closed football at the Real Madrid stadium. He explained this by the fact that the quality of the grass at the Real stadium was terrible.

M3ls

Seeing the state of the field, I didn’t even bother watching the match. I turned the fuck off.

This is why I don't like watching Barcelona games against those from the bottom of the table.

They deliberately damage the football field.

Home of Barca Fans