La Liga | Round 5: FC Barcelona - Sevilla 1-1

serghei

Araujo in one Sevilla counter attack pushed up too much almost leading to a goal. His passing has been good but his positioning can be very suspect. Reminds me a bit of Bartra

Since that error he's been arguably the best in our team.

Salah scored twice and is their most important player.

Nothing he can do if they defend like that.

Salah's main role is scoring goals and finishing the good opportunities.
But the role of S.Mane is much more complex and important : He dictates the game and holds the ball under pressure, helps the midfield in both defence and attack, starts attacks from the wing, can beat his opponent easily in 1vs1 as he is very good in tight spaces.
Salah is more about open spaces and fast plays. But mane can excell in everything with so little mistakes. So I think the absence of Mane and Allison is the main reason behind that score.

Valdario

I hope this 2nd half is any good, I didn't watch the first one, but after all I've read, it's not been particularly good

snowy

Start 2nd half with Trink + Pedri + Pjanic and add Pedri + Demb at the 75th min

Ansu - Messi - Trink (Demb)
Couti / (Pedri)
Frenkie - Pjanic
Alba - Araujo - Pique - Dest
Neto​

We need to up that slow-mo tempo
giphy.gif

JamDav1982

Salah's main role is scoring goals and finishing the good opportunities.
But the role of S.Mane is much more complex and important : He dictates the game and holds the ball under pressure, helps the midfield in both defence and attack, starts attacks from the wing, can beat his opponent easily in 1vs1 as he is very good in tight spaces.
Salah is more about open spaces and fast plays. But mane can excell in everything with so little mistakes. So I think the absence of Mane and Allison is the main reason behind that score.

Mane does not dictate the game for Liverpool.

Their biggest issue has been the defence not missing Mane so much.

Morten

Surely he didn't press enough. That's what matters

Yes, goals do not matter, thank you for at least being honest about it.

Its something thats only become a thing in recent years, having great goalscorers was never a negative before.

Honestly, if Brazilian Ronaldo arrived at the scene in these days people would say "yes, he is magical on the ball and ruthless in front of the goal, but he is a liability in defense, so is he really worth it?".

Im half-joking, but only half...

Home of Barca Fans