La Liga Round 28: FC Barcrelona - Girona 0-0

Porque

Ferran can be a good winger. His skills are fine, he's fast, decent frame, just has some serious mental blocks he has to get over.

Stuck in his own head.

Yeah. But he is always going to be stuck in his head for us. Maybe he is better where the pressure for output is less further down the line. Good speed, likes to take the outside with a good centre. Engine is good. Only question is if he has the engine for the whole line all game and whether his defensive aspect has decent fundamentals to work off.

Option 1 for me is a sale though. Don't want anyone to get the idea that I'm doubling down on this fullback dream :lol:

JamDav1982

Yes, since Pedri and de Jong injuries. Gavi on the wing against Real Madrid he did play well

His game against Real when a wide player/forward only top game.

He was poor to average the vast majority of the rest of the season.

It is only more noticebale what he fails to bring now when Pedri/FDJ out.

Those two are light years ahead of him.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Ferran is actually pretty fast. Seems to be an idea he is slow because he can't dribble past players. They are two different but linked skills.

Think he clocks like 33/34kmh at top speed which is fast enough for any winger..

Hmm didn't think we was that fast but none the less acceleration is the issue, against pacey wingers he'll get absolutely dusted as he has 0 defensive awareness compare to a seasoned FB imo. Happy to experiment though it won't mean much as most of these teams are dead so not sure if it will work against higher level opposition.

Porque

Alba for Raphinha. 12 point lead. This says it all about Xavi pragmatism.

Yeah I know I'm sounding like the Valverde years when the forum called for a risk with Alena, but it really shows Xavi approach to management and how he lacks trust in the youth.

Valverde2.

fergus90

If Gavi was a timid character he'd be half as popular. But he's an angry little fucker and showing a bit of aggression and fight easily pleases fans, especially those inside a stadium.

Helps reduce the spotlight on his current limitations on the ball.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Alba for Raphinha. 12 point lead. This says it all about Xavi pragmatism.

Yeah I know I'm sounding like the Valverde years when the forum called for a risk with Alena, but it really shows Xavi approach to management and how he lacks trust in the youth.

Valverde2.

My only hope is that maybe he doesn't think he can win with the players we have and has to resort to this to win... But that's like faint blind hope and ignoring all the evidence saying otherwise.

Home of Barca Fans