La Liga | Round 26: Osasuna - FC Barcelona 0-2

Porque

Whats the line up?

Inb4shit

Messi and inshallah.

Seriously though. Will be interesting to see how this works against a defensive setup. I expect to see control of the midfield and Alba, de Jong, Pedri (lol) and Dest consistently arriving from the second line.

Won't be surprised if Dest scores.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Javascript might not be enabled or you need to refresh this page or you need to disable AdBlock

What do I need to do ? I've seen this recently on some posts , it's not from AdBlock

I either refresh or give it some time and the tweet then pops up.

serghei

Messi and inshallah.

Seriously though. Will be interesting to see how this works against a defensive setup. I expect to see control of the midfield and Alba, de Jong, Pedri (lol) and Dest consistently arriving from the second line.

Won't be surprised if Dest scores.

It seems illogical to try it vs a defensive side. Why should you put in extra defenders and midfielders against a team that sits back? Seems dumb. Those 3 at the back will probably guard 1 measly striker. :lol:

Bobo32

So a 3-5-2 again, wonder who will be the central centre back today...
I thought Griezmann had a good performance in the very open end of the game against Sevilla, but I predict he will be very shitty today
I wonder if Messi will be as good today or not? Will he help in defence?
Will Pedri look exhausted or fit to play?
Trincaos place in this formation is as a wing back I'd say.

Porque

It seems illogical to try it vs a defensive side. Why should you put in extra defenders and midfielders against a team that sits back? Seems dumb. Those 3 at the back will probably guard 1 measly striker. :lol:

It seems so. But it may be a way to have more control for the counter despite congesting the attacking third. In theory we are losing one central attacker for two wingers.

If it's not working we will go to 433 at HT.

serghei

It seems so. But it may be a way to have more control for the counter despite congesting the attacking third.

If it's not working we will go to 433 at HT.

Or you could push the other two defenders more up, forming a 1-2 on build-up. Not having all in-line as it's usual. And in this sense, it will be more like an inverted Christmas tree on possession. 1-2-3-4 or 1-2-4-3 depending on how Messi positions.

I guess we'll see in the match.

Bobo32

Yeah very superfluos, but at the same time, there have been a lot of players occupying the same space forward before, it might be better to just keep another player back in order to free up some space in front...
As you wrote in another post, Koeman will probably keep trying this formation for a while now, and I don't think it's well suited for the players or for most opponents.

Porque

Or you could push the other two defenders more up, forming a 1-2 on build-up. Not having all in-line as it's usual. And in this sense, it will be more like an inverted Christmas tree on possession. 1-2-3-4 or 1-2-4-3 depending on how Messi positions.

I guess we'll see in the match.

Yeah. It is funny because it makes Mingueza an incredibly important player for this formation to work in this Right Defensive to central midfield space both on and off the ball.

serghei

Depends if the 3 stay in line. But I expect the wide CBs to move up if Osasuna will play a deep 4-5-1 defensive block. It would be bad if we keep a flat 3 line. In general, you want 1 more defender than the opponent's attackers. 4 at the back vs 3 line. 3 at the back vs 2 striker systems, 2 at the back when the opponent plays with 1 striker only.

3 vs 1 is overkill. Especially a 1 that is far from peak Drogba.

Marshall D Teach

Full 11 bar Dembele. Looks like Koeman doesn't think we have a chance against PSG.

Understandable but a bit disappointing.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans