La Liga | Round 11: FC Barcelona - Osasuna 4-0

serghei

Dest has the potential to be one of those fixed starters in the very near future. He's already better than Roberto, and Roberto is not the slouch he's made to be around here.

Stegen shat himself a bit there :lol:.

serghei

Braithwaite link-up play this half was really good.

Yea, good pivot play, which is vital for 1 striker systems.

Overall good half with many chances created despite the slower start. The offense ran well, except Coutinho who was slightly underwhelming. Dest great, De Jong very good, Pedri not so good, Alba decent, Lenglet so-so, Mingueza good.

I'd say Griezmann was the best so far, with Messi and Dest completing the top 3.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Griezmann MOTM so far, Coutinho the worst player on the field. Mingueza very impressive, good pass on him unexpectedly.

serghei

Griezmann MOTM so far, Coutinho the worst player on the field. Mingueza very impressive, good pass on him unexpectedly.

Coutinho was very active and worked very hard to get himself into good finishing positions. Based on this good work, he could've been on a hattrick. Just because his finishing was off doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be praised for working very hard out there.

Also, that shot saved on the line was good. Was a great save by the defender that.

Worst is Pedri so far.

sikkboy

Desthas done well. Braithwaite good first 30 mins fell away there a bit. Messi playing dangerous balls in to the channels. Mixed bag from everyone else apart from Coutinho who was poor. Should be a comfortable second half. I'd hook Coutinho, and probably Pedri as well for Dembele and Pranjic.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Coutinho was very active and worked very hard to get himself into good finishing positions. Based on this good work, he could've been on a hattrick. Just because his finishing was off doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be praised for working very hard out there.

His decision making in the final third has been dross, lost the ball quite a few times too. But he does get a lot of chances so there's that.

fergus90

Coutinho first two games were decent as I expect he was still high off his contribution in the 8-2. However he’s slowly reverted back to type with each passing game. Griezmann has been very good today.

serghei

His decision making in the final third has been dross, lost the ball quite a few times too. But he does get a lot of chances so there's that.

Yea, his shooting was bad, but for a midfielder to have so many shots in 45 mins, he was moving great out there to get himself in good positions.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Don't see how Griezmann is the MOTM so far. Ruined several potential chances with his cute backpasses and several misplaced passes aswell. To each his own though.

sikkboy

Didn'tthink Griezmann di dmuch but get in the way tbqh but a fantastic finish. I do agree with you on PC, he's been poor, and one of the few that's found himself in positions with time, so at least he's getting himself open. Unfortunately it's what you do with the ball that is important.

serghei

Don't see how Griezmann is the MOTM so far. Ruined several potential chances with his cute backpasses and several misplaced passes aswell. To each his own though.

He scored a golazo, had two other solid shots from difficult positions, should have had an assist after dribbling the keeper, and worked hard as usual. I don't see how he wasn't. Only Messi was somewhat close but without the end product of Griezmann.

Didn'tthink Griezmann di dmuch but get in the way tbqh but a fantastic finish. I do agree with you on PC, he's been poor, and one of the few that's found himself in positions with time, so at least he's getting himself open. Unfortunately it's what you do with the ball that is important.

It's what you do without the ball that is as important or even more.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans