• Villarreal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Real Sociedad

• Other

• Total voters

serghei

Thats why you never overreact over a bunch of talents. Odriozola, Ceballos, Jovic, Rodrygo, Vinicius,... :lol:

We are in the same boat though :p

The club is also at fault. I make fun of these players, but some of them have talent.

He has 2. I know we like to banter about Wolfe and Jovic but he has a point. The guy played on average 30 minutes in a game and this year it's really quite clear that Zidane doesn't like him (Just see what Mayoral said). Makes it even more hilarious that Vinicius gets to play alot of games while skying every shot.

It's banter. Jovic is neither amazing, nor a bad player. But Madrid aren't really a well run club either. They just maxed out in CL thanks to Cristiano being incredible clutch in this competition.

Outside of Ronaldo and Ramos, their team lacks leaders just as much as ours. Ronaldo is gone, so this leaves only Ramos who is a legit winner in that team. I see Madrid and Barca on the same boat really, with Madrid have more money. One more big money transfer who flops like Hazard, and they're basically us.

La Liga is in massive decline.

Last edited:

Richard.H

Madrid need to get those hundreds of millions and build a new galactico side. They can't develop players for shit. Madrid and Barca are basically cut from the same cloth at this point.

Both clubs are doing a lousy job at getting the best of their talented players.

No not all. A club like RM will never have an incompetent coksucker of a leader like Bartomeu

Vilarrubi

Let’s all laugh at Madrid!

giphy.gif

Inb4 we drop points to Getafe :crbust:

Madrid always struggle now when going down a goal first. Remember talking about it a while ago on here. They’ve done full 180 on the “comeback kings“ they used to be.

mc_lovin

The club is also at fault. I make fun of these players, but some of them have talent.

Yeah sure, but I can vividly remember the complete implosion here after their "Spanish" (and now Brazilian) revolution.

Hoarding talents is nice and all, but we are pretty much where they are (and were) without too much hussle (Fati, Dest, Pedri,...). I would have understood the doom and gloom if they got the established talents - like Mbappe, Camavinga and so on.

El Gato

Villarato!
I can quite easily see Zidane and Madrid parting ways again in the near future.

It'll only happen if Barca resoundingly beat Real and if Real are threatened with not making it out of CL groups.

Which is unlikely. Normal 11s will resume. Odegaard will be back. Hopefully more rotation at striker.

Still doesn't excuse his lack of ideas for playing without Fede or Benzema.

Thats why you never overreact over a bunch of talents. Odriozola, Ceballos, Jovic, Rodrygo, Vinicius,... :lol:

We are in the same boat though :p

What does that mean?

Talents are talents. They're not gamechangers. Zidane had a season to make use and keep improving them. Instead he permabenched one, sent one on loan to Bayern despite giving him 1 or 2 starts, the other he just sent to Arsenal where he's done well with an organised manager, Rodrygo is good and Vinicius was twice the player under Solari.

And the only other new talented midfielder he only brought back because he realised he needs someone for rotation when someone gets injured.
Despite not realising the same for DM position.

Not encouraging at all how it's been handled.

Last edited:

serghei

Yeah sure, but I can vividly remember the complete implosion here after their "Spanish" (and now Brazilian) revolution.

Hoarding talents is nice and all, but we are pretty much where they are (and were) without too much hussle (Fati, Dest, Pedri,...). I would have understood the doom and gloom if they got the established talents - like Mbappe, Camavinga and so on.

Camavinga is far, faaaaar from an established talent. No established talent imo who is well worth the money asked, not when established talent means 150m +. Which is why the management and the manager are so important at the moment in Europe.

Liverpool and Bayern are the best currently because they have the most balanced approach.

serghei

Very very few players on the market who are good enough to make an impact regardless of the conditions at the club being poor. Haland is the only one. One player who I can say he will improve us almost certainly, no matter how crap we are in terms of board, management etc.

I thought De Jong was a talent of that magnitude, but even he is regressing when faced with the conditions at Barca being what they are. Don't think this Camavinga is better than De Jong was at Ajax.

mc_lovin

Scratch Camavinga if you want. Was just one of the first ones to spring to mind, no idea how far he is.

The point is just buying a bunch of talents (who look like youth players, albeit talented ones) means absolutely nothing. But it looks good on paper. And therefore the apocalyptic scenes here in regard to Madrids future and ours.

Last edited:

serghei

Scratch Camavinga if you want. Was just one of the first ones to spring to mind, no idea how far he is.

The point is just buying a bunch of talents means absolutely nothing. But it looks good on paper. And therefore the apocalyptic scenes here in regard to Madrids future team and ours.

Buying talent means nothing. It's like trying to paint and buying the best materials. It doesn't mean the painting will get done by itself, if you are crap at painting. A good painter will paint a better painting with good, not great materials, than a crap painter with the best pigments and the best oils on the planet.

That's what is about. As long as you don't have a clear plan, you will continue to play cluttered football no matter who you buy.

El Gato

Villarato!
The point is just buying a bunch of talents (who look like youth players, albeit talented ones) means absolutely nothing. But it looks good on paper. And therefore the apocalyptic scenes here in regard to Madrids future and ours.

It means the backroom are doing a good job of spotting talent who look good elsewhere, but no progress is being made in implementing any roles or schemes in the club. Continuation of a self-professed 'I'm not going to tell a Real Madrid player how to attack' approach.

Nothing apocalyptic.
If no progress made, sack Zidane and get someone who has some ideas to put forward. Almost anyone would do as long as players are invested in the prospect and don't fold like the bunch folded under Lopetegui in autumn 2018.

snowy

Camavinga is far, faaaaar from an established talent. No established talent imo who is well worth the money asked, not when established talent means 150m +. Which is why the management and the manager are so important at the moment in Europe.

Liverpool and Bayern are the best currently because they have the most balanced approach.

Think we can rate Sancho and Haaland as established. Perhaps, not 150m established ...

The Vinga case is a puzzle

What he's still doing at Rennes' got me perplexed. Plays with so much flow and intelligence and that when it comes to eye-test, he's definitely top tier.

Yesterday, he was subbed in at the 63rd min yesterday in the 1-1 vs Dijon and as always, he looked like a pro trainer recovering and distributing the balls to amateurs. So weird!

The other thing that's weird is, I have no idea why, his m8s hardly ever pass him the ball even when he offers the easiest solution.

It's like either they're envious he made NT or they're afraid they'd disappear in his shadow or are desperate to make a name for themselves.

For instance yesterday, defense kept wasting possessions with failed long balls when Camavinga was free from his markers.

This dude is like Einstein surrounded by idiots. He's so dominant in Defense but the thing is, no one in the team is as good as him technically in Attack yet everyone plays hero-ball in the team EXCEPT him.

Half of his touches literally come from balls he intercepts himself. Krazzzeyyyy

Last edited:

mc_lovin

It means the backroom are doing a good job of spotting talent who look good elsewhere, but no progress is being made in implementing any roles or schemes in the club. Continuation of a self-professed 'I'm not going to tell a Real Madrid player how to attack' approach.

Nothing apocalyptic.
If no progress made, sack Zidane and get someone who has some ideas to put forward. Almost anyone would do as long as players are invested in the prospect and don't fold like the bunch folded under Lopetegui in autumn 2018.

You misunderstood me. I am talking first and foremost about the reaction your Spanish (Odriozola, Ceballos etc pp) and Brazilian (Vinicius, Rodrygo, Reinier etc pp) revolution caused here. Nothing more, nothing less.

Home of Barca Fans