Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Real Sociedad

• Other

• Total voters

Horatio

You're welcome
Zidane wasn't there, but this was certainly his type of team, probably even sent text message to the assistent coach that he should only start the veterans.

So, creds to him for today, unfortunately pretending its still 16/17 wont work in the long run though.

Yes, Morten, I know. I am 100% certain Zidane would've been communicating with Bettoni during the game and handing out instructions. Was not really point of my post.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Delivering the league won't help him as most know it'd be due to Atleti bottling more than anything else. Nor would it mean there is progress. Unless he plays well vs top sides in CL I don't see him surviving past June.

BarcaOG

Banned
No he didn't. Nobody called for Zidane's head in 2018 as most learned we'd reboot for spring, in fact it was semi clear it'd be the opposite and that he'd sooner leave on his own decision as he stated over and over he couldn't motivate his team. Nobody called for Zidane's head in 2020 after dropping out of Copa and poor form leading up to the game vs City and the Clasico that followed.

Stop falling for serghei reactionary nonsense mate

wolfe please read carefully: i said "everyone is calling for heads" not "everyone is calling for zidane's head". if you read As/MARCa or watch chiringuito this season, every time real went on a bad run all the pundits were calling for--as i said it--HEADS. calling for this and that player to be moved on etc.

please read more carefully next time wolfe! ;)

El Gato

Villarato!
No one takes anything Chiringuito and Pedrerol seriously, the only thing they're good for is catching out what players say to one another outfield as was always their main source of entertainment. The two Madrid tubes are irrelevant also as not representative of public opinion. Them calling for heads is nothing new.
Give it a few wins and they'll sing Zidane praises again only to return to reports of Zidane sacking should we oh so surprisingly not beat Atalanta.

Like said before, this win alone means nothing, nor will a stretch of decent results as another bad stretch is highly likely. Even on fitness considering manager's not rotating critical positions. Zidane hasn't saved himself as position was never in jeopardy since Pochettino took Paris job. Will likely finish the season and be allowed to leave if results bad enough or might not be sacked if beats a top side in CL. Winning another league this way won't do anything for him.

Birdy

Delivering the league won't help him as most know it'd be due to Atleti bottling more than anything else. Nor would it mean there is progress. Unless he plays well vs top sides in CL I don't see him surviving past June.

And the replacement being?

BarcaOG

Banned
No one takes anything Chiringuito and Pedrerol seriously, the only thing they're good for is catching out what players say to one another outfield as was always their main source of entertainment. The two Madrid tubes are irrelevant also as not representative of public opinion. Them calling for heads is nothing new.
Give it a few wins and they'll sing Zidane praises again only to return to reports of Zidane sacking should we oh so surprisingly not beat Atalanta.

Like said before, this win alone means nothing, nor will a stretch of decent results as another bad stretch is highly likely. Even on fitness considering manager's not rotating critical positions. Zidane hasn't saved himself as position was never in jeopardy since Pochettino took Paris job. Will likely finish the season and be allowed to leave if results bad enough or might not be sacked if beats a top side in CL. Winning another league this way won't do anything for him.

that's not what i claimed, either. i would also generally agree, but not about roncero (who is a frequent guest in chiringuito). hes pretty well respected as a madridista journo.

serghei

Nice double standards. Not a post goes by without criticizing our coach while on the flipside you praise Zidane for this win just going by the score as you obviously didn't watch the game. Zidane wasn't even there. Covid and all.

If this was Barca it would be a new argument against Koeman how in his absence team wins by a big margin. XD

Zidane just got knocked out subsequently in supercopa and copa and you call a win against alaves after 4 games without a win a comeback. ok...
Also constantly been playing same midfield basically and Benzema. Why not criticize him on lack of rotation?

You clearly didn't understand the funny nature of the comment. Thought the reference with the guy who survives hitmen sent to kill him would do the trick. Apparently, not.

The point of the comment was that every time Zidane receives some sort of ultimatum, having to win a game to save his job, he somehow manages to do that.

Also, for the last part. Zidane achieved great things as a manager for Madrid. He deserves credit. Koeman hasn't even won a single meaningful title, let alone 3 CLs and 2 La Ligas in 4 seasons. There is no double standard. Zidane has confirmed he is a top class manager. Koeman hasn't, not even close.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
You clearly didn't understand the funny nature of the comment. Thought the reference with the guy who survives hitmen sent to kill him would do the trick. Apparently, not.

The point of the comment was that every time Zidane receives some sort of ultimatum, having to win a game to save his job, he somehow manages to do that.

Yeah, was kind of left confused then because I never saw this as an ultimatum and pretty sure if Zidane was on the brink of losing his job this result wouldn't improve his situation by that much. He would need a streak of good games to change fans perspective. Thought you were praising him on having turned things around in one game.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
that's not what i claimed, either. i would also generally agree, but not about roncero (who is a frequent guest in chiringuito). hes pretty well respected as a madridista journo.

Among who? lol. Roncero is the biggest clown out there

serghei

Yeah, was kind of left confused then because I never saw this as an ultimatum and pretty sure if Zidane was on the brink of losing his job this result wouldn't improve his situation by that much. He would need a streak of good games to change fans perspective. Thought you were praising him on having turned things around in one game.

Nah, he's a top manager but is not the good profile to rebuild a team. More like he needs a team already mature and well set to deliver. Similar to Mourinho in some ways.

Horatio

You're welcome
Nah, he's a top manager but is not the good profile to rebuild a team. More like he needs a team already mature and well set to deliver. Similar to Mourinho in some ways.

Not a top manager for me. Any current coach considered top or sub-top I will put above him on tactical merit.

Home of Barca Fans