La Liga 2019/20

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

raskolnikov

Granada 2-0 Barcelona
Levante 3-1 Barcelona
Osasuna 2-2 Barcelona
Celta 2-2 Barcelona
Espanyol 2-2 Barcelona are the definitive results that lost us the league. Under better circumstances that's 10 more points at least comfortably.
Look we are shit but that doesnt make it fair for the refs to guide Real to a title again.
If they win fairly then hats of to them and it is what is.
But thats not what is happening.
The reason why they are winning is purely down to the referees.

serghei

Look we are shit but that doesnt make it fair for the refs to guide Real to a title again.

Exactly. Madrid were shit in 2 of their CL wins. But hey, ref error galore, including offside goal in final, multiple pens not give to Bayern, gifted pen vs Juve, and they won 2 CLs while being average.

Winning and being the best are not necessarily related. Only we think they are related, because we like dominating games. Madrid don't.

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly. Nobody's defending Barca's shitty play. We want football to be played by the rules.

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly. Madrid were shit in 2 of their CL wins. But hey, ref error galore, including offside goal in final, multiple pens not give to Bayern, gifted pen vs Juve, and they won 2 CLs while being average.

Winning and being the best are not necessarily related. Only we think they are related. Madrid don't.

I thought VAR would fix things.. and potentially Real is out of two CL in a row very early stages. It works in CL.

Centauri B

People justifying horrific ref calls against their own team, or what amounts to the same thing, preferential calls for their direct rival, based on "but our team is worse than it should have been" is one of the most infuriatingly stupid things in world football.

Kul_z

Lol, even the Celta game, we only lost because the ref awarded a freekick for a non existent foul. :lol:

Again, us being crap doesn't mean we should lose points because of referees.

That was stupid call indeed, but praise to aspas who scored that. From last two games, that free kick, retaken penalty kick(lmao) and that last penalty for atletico, which in million years wouldnt be awarded if atletico was playing real, let alone in league battle with barca.

I cant recall the last time real won something without major referee help also.

This could be a blessing after all, our veterans would acknowledge that they cant beat this madrid in transition period in liga campaign, so they could start packing pretty soon. Lets hope

fergus90

I think the refereeing as a whole in La Liga is inconsistent and of a poor standard, VAR has ruined the game pretty much worldwide but there's no consistency on what's a penalty one game and the next. Or what even warrants the offence being checked in the first place.

I think in every country, there are teams that because of their status and prestige are more likely to be awarded penalties and I'm sure a fan of a team like Osasuna etc would say the same about Barca. There was a stat that away teams at Old Trafford were only award 6 penalties between 1993 and 2017 for example, it happens in all leagues.

Usually though in the last decade Barca is usually doing their job to ensure we don't need to rely on controversies. One thing Madrid has now is a great defensive set up, they don't look like scoring unless Benzema feels like it unless they're given a penalty but they also look like they could play for a day without conceding a goal.

I bet every year the majority of Spain wants Madrid to win the league, we are usually better for it to even show.

Vilarrubi

[SPORT] | Muniain (Athletic Bilbao) : "We're seeing in these weeks since the restart which teams get these decisions, everyone can draw their own conclusions."

Centauri B

I think the refereeing as a whole in La Liga is inconsistent and of a poor standard, VAR has ruined the game pretty much worldwide but there's no consistency on what's a penalty one game and the next. Or what even warrants the offence being checked in the first place.

I think in every country, there are teams that because of their status and prestige are more likely to be awarded penalties and I'm sure a fan of a team like Osasuna etc would say the same about Barca. There was a stat that away teams at Old Trafford were only award 6 penalties between 1993 and 2017 for example, it happens in all leagues.

Usually though in the last decade Barca is usually doing their job to ensure we don't need to rely on controversies. One thing Madrid has now is a great defensive set up, they don't look like scoring unless Benzema feels like it unless they're given a penalty but they also look like they could play for a day without conceding a goal.

I bet every year the majority of Spain wants Madrid to win the league, we are usually better for it to even show.

No. The ref calls are very consistent.

They are against Barca and for Real Madrid.

Kul_z

You're not serious are you?

Y'all are acting if Bilbao shithousing is something you've seen for the first time. Unreal.

how so? Take a look again. No intention to play with the ball, hands on opponent face and taking him down with ferocity. How in the fuck that could not be considered as a card foul, yellow 100%, and red would be debatable.

A lot of la liga teams are shithousing, but real is a true champion with the likes of casemiro, carvajal and ramks taking the cake.

Why didnt carvajal get booked after munian start on modric?

Home of Barca Fans