La Liga 2019/20

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

mc_lovin

Incredible how people act like such a hard to master set of skills is nothing. As if what he does is such a basic thing that a normal player has to have that in his locker. What Arthur does so easily is something even some great midfielders never mastered in a whole career.

And those skills dont exist in a vacuum, they are a consequence of technical brilliance. His offensive output wont be a problem (I bet any credibility I may have on this).

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Denis Suarez was a top performer in Villarreal side who went to EL SF and finished 4th in Liga when he was same age as Odegaard. How did he d in top level?
Hakimi is the only one that looks like RM starter, and even then I would be worried of BVB players outside of Bundesliga.
None of them are sure thing as a starting level for elite clubs.
You would think we would have learned something after all the failures we have witnessed -on both sides- over the years.

I think Odegaard is better than Denis and has a much higher ceiling than him but we can agree to disagree.

On Hakimi and BVB and Bundesliga players, there is a tendency by some to belittle Bundesliga here, but keep in mind Carvajal was on loan at Frankfurt before he returned to Real Madrid.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Seriously, people need to stop being suicidal about RM's future.

Madrid were at the absolute apex in their history in 16/17. Squad deep enough to 20-22 quality players.

Many were losing it here saying they will dominate for the next 4-5 years.

Fast forward 2 years 7 months, they've added only 1 CL since then. And that too with the core from 16/17.

The difference was Messi, probably. We won’t have Messi for too long. We are talking about the next several seasons.

El Gato

Villarato!
I think Odegaard is better than Denis and has a much higher ceiling than him but we can agree to disagree.

On Hakimi and BVB and Bundesliga players, there is a tendency by some to belittle Bundesliga here, but keep in mind Carvajal was on loan at Frankfurt before he returned to Real Madrid.

Leverkusen, not Frankfurt. Vallejo was at Frankfurt.

On [MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION]'s point about Hakimi, I'm not sure there's need to worry. He did well as backup for Carvajal in 17/18 already.

khaled_a_d

You are lacking context here, you are saying without Messi they fuck us even without players like Mbappe and Haaland

Real Madrid doesn’t need Mbappe and Haaland to fuck us, they just need Messi to leave to fuck us. We are already so behind them in terms of the next generation of players. They have multiple gems in multiple positions, who do we have?

For that to happen, it means they have absolute world class young players. Right now in their own squad they don't even have that many starters that are under 25, only Valverde and Mende, and even those aren't top players in their positions yet. Same for us, FDJ and Lenglet.
After that they have some hopefuls, who aren't sure thing. Hakimi has biggest chance for sure but even him isn't lock to be that kind of player yet
Even if he became the next Alves with RM, which I doubt, they aren't far ahead of us.
In addition, we will have couple of years to add more talents with Messi on our side.

Vilarrubi

[MENTION=5226]Wolfe[/MENTION] where was Mendy yesterday and why didn’t Valverde start? Feel like if those two had started you’d probably got a result.

El Gato

Villarato!
[MENTION=5226]Wolfe[/MENTION] where was Mendy yesterday and why didn’t Valverde start? Feel like if those two had started you’d probably got a result.

Mendy had 4 yellows and Zidane for whatever reason didn't play him the game before to take care of the necessary suspension.

Valverde probably being saved for City.

Last edited:

serghei

Madrid gave us a great gift. 2 weeks ago we were in a position where if we lost the Clasico we would almost be out of the title fight. Now even if we lose the clasico we're 1 measly point behind Madrid. :lol:

I hope the boys have a great game and snatch a win.

Messi983

Granada leading 3-0 in Pamplona and are now 9th on the table but just 4 points behind a 4th spot. Diego Martinez looks like a talented coach who should make a jump to a bigger club soon. He's worked at Sevilla's youth teams for years so I could see him returning there and replace Lopetegui in summer if he won't turn this season around for them and finish top 4.

Messi983

They are not a bad team and were still on a high note at the start of the season after being promoted and they've had around 30 games unbeaten run at home at one point. They're missing Chimy Avila now but should still relatively easy stay in La Liga.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yh, they've been solid mid-table until they lost their main striker. Only 2 losses at home. It's been going downhill for them since Chimy had gone down.

Home of Barca Fans