La Liga 2018/19

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The only good thing is Sevilla will have one day less of rest than us since they will be playing against Lazio on Wednesday.

I just hope they won't rotate at all since they got an away goal in Rome.

Neeraj

Good stuff Girona!

So a few of us from school had lunch with the CEO of Girona recently, who had come to school for a talk. It was really interesting, this guy is just 32, and runs the club! Got to put a lot of direct questions at him, and told him I'd travel to the next Girona game if they did us a favour against Madrid!

He mentioned that each season, he has to make two budgets - one for the scenario where they are in the first division and one where they are in the second division. They lose about 30-40 million euros, and effectively, their entire wage budget :lol:

michelco

12016c3f92c92af41b8744589273e825.jpg

b4265d1b5991fa07f12444907422367e.jpg

031dcca4ffed016663c949014fdde10d.jpg

Valencia literally shooting themselves in the foot this season

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Good stuff Girona!

So a few of us from school had lunch with the CEO of Girona recently, who had come to school for a talk. It was really interesting, this guy is just 32, and runs the club! Got to put a lot of direct questions at him, and told him I'd travel to the next Girona game if they did us a favour against Madrid!

He mentioned that each season, he has to make two budgets - one for the scenario where they are in the first division and one where they are in the second division. They lose about 30-40 million euros, and effectively, their entire wage budget :lol:

Is Girona completely independent when it comes to functioning financially as a club, or do they receive money from the City Football Group?

Neeraj

Is Girona completely independent when it comes to functioning financially as a club, or do they receive money from the City Football Group?

Yeah we spoke a lot about this. So apparently, they are completely financially independent and don't receive any money whatsoever from City group. The only agreements they have in place are basically receiving players from elsewhere to integrate here, or sending their players to City Group affiliates in Melbourne, etc.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah we spoke a lot about this. So apparently, they are completely financially independent and don't receive any money whatsoever from City group. The only agreements they have in place are basically receiving players from elsewhere to integrate here, or sending their players to City Group affiliates in Melbourne, etc.

Thanks. Interesting. I am guessing if for example we want one of their players as long as the Girona board agrees to it then the CFG can't do much to stop it.

Home of Barca Fans